Welcome to the SMITE Wiki! The following help section is created and edited by wiki users, just like the rest of the wiki.
Experienced with SMITE, but new to wikis?Edit
- A wiki is designed to allow every user to edit its content. If you see something you think could be improved about the SMITE Wiki, improve it! Just click the "edit" tab at the top of most pages to edit their contents. You may have to create an account or log in before you're able to edit pages without your IP Address being displayed in the edit history – but it's free and takes under a minute to do so.
- Don't be afraid to edit. Part of the wiki system is an integrated version tracking system, so there's never a fear of losing something. If you make a mistake, you or someone else can easily fix it – so take the initiative and make a change if you think it's useful. (Tip: when editing, you can also use the "Preview" button to check how the page will look before you save it!)
- Don't worry if you just want to make a small change, though – go ahead and do it; someone can always easily update it later for consistency if needed.
- If you need a basic guide to the formatting syntax used for editing pages, take a look at the editing help page.
- If you want to experiment with wiki code someplace other than an actual article page, you can use the public sandbox or your own sandbox.
- Once you feel comfortable with wiki syntax, feel free to start adding your SMITE knowledge to the articles.
Experienced with wikis, but new to SMITE?Edit
- The SMITE Wiki is designed to be a reference for just about all things SMITE-related. Feel free to create articles on topics as you encounter them, and of course to use the SMITE Wiki as a helpful guide to your SMITE experience.
- If you've worked with wikis before, then all of the standard formatting will be familiar.
New to everything?Edit
- If you're looking to find information, the best place to start is either browsing from the main page, using the links in the left sidebar, or using the search box at the top of the page. (Tip: clicking "Go" will try to go to a page with the exact name you entered - if you want to look for keywords, click Search instead!)
- If you don't find what you're looking for, remember that the SMITE Wiki is made up of articles contributed by its users – it might just be that no one has written about that topic yet! So create one!
- If you want to contribute (perhaps you found a topic that didn't have any info when you were looking for it, and now you know more about it), go for it! The editing help page has the basics of how to use wiki formatting, and you can edit any page just by clicking the "edit" link at the top.
- If you want to create a new page, just type the name in the search box on the left and click Go – if it doesn't exist, you'll be given the option to edit it as new.
- If you're unsure about something to add, use the talk page. This is recommended especially when adding out-of-site links or bigger changes on pages.
- Enjoy your exploration of SMITE!