Possible move?[edit source]
Is buildings an appropriate page name for this? It seems like "Mission objectives" or something might be a better name, since only the towers are actually "buildings". Unless it is considered the standard name in MOBAs. --Sigil Baram (talk) 18:25, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Buildings/Structures is the usual name these things get. It's because towers/barracks were based on generic buildings in Starcraft/WC3. The phoenixes are technically buildings, they simply look different. The mino is a mobile structure. If you people think we should rename it we can, it's very easy to move/rename pages.--Malvodion (talk) 18:38, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- I thought maybe it was a conventional name, which is why I asked rather than just moving it. If it is the name people expect it to be under than it should stay, but we should make sure Minotaur redirects to Buildings#Minotaur Guardian and things like that to make searching easier. --Sigil Baram (talk) 19:21, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
This is outdate, or currently bugged. Not sure Which. But for the past couple weeks since I started playing again I have been getting hit by towers if I am the closest target whether or not there are minions present. I often had to run out of range just to reset the targeting, before I realized it wasn't just a flook rare bug. It makes attacking towers with a melee god a pain. But I could see them changing it intentionally for this reason since some of the melee gods could take out a tower fairly well with just a couple items, so they may have made it more discouraging for melee people to stay in range of towers for too long. But if you watch the minions' health and step back for an instant just before the last melee one dies it really makes very little difference, so it is more just annoying and only makes the tower last a few seconds longer, if that. Half the time I just let the tower shoot me and worry about healing after it is down. --Sigil Baram (talk) 19:35, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- If you mean like, you aggro'd the tower, left it's attack range and then came back and it was still attacking you? It has happend to me before, it think it's a bug: You need to make sure the tower starts attacking a minion before going back in or it will shoot you. If not, are you sure the ranged minions were inside the tower range or that you didn't harm any enemy gods accidentally? Also they changed the tower attacks a bit recently, if you aggro the tower, it Will shoot you Once, unless you leave the very second you aggro'd it. It was done so that people couldn't "dive, poke, leave before tower shoots you, repeat" anymore.--Malvodion (talk) 20:31, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- No I mean when your attack towers now sometimes they will target you whether or not you have mobs with you. --220.127.116.11 04:34, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
- That never happend to me before. Remember that any kind of damage to gods aggro's the towers, including Mystical Mark, and that sometimes the ranged minions don't enter the tower's range because they were shooting at enemy minions/gods from the outside (people does this on purpose to prevent you from pocking their tower and because now, if a tower hits a minion, you earn no gold from it.).--Malvodion (talk) 14:13, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
- Damaging gods is supposed to aggro the tower? I don't think that is what I'm thinking of, though. I've fought gods under towers with minions taking the tower's attacks until they all die, and what I'm thinking of there were no gods or enemy minions around and my ranged minions were definitely in range of the tower since they were shooting it. It happened to me in 1v1 Joust a few times, for example. I would kill the enemy God and his minions then I would go up to attack the tower and after the tower killed my melee minions it would attack me instead of my archers. I would guess it is some kind of bug since it only happens some of the time, but it also also happens fairly often rather than being a rare thing. I've seen it happen to a teammate I was watching while waiting to respawn too, and they ended up dieing because they weren't expecting the tower to aggro on them that quickly. --Sigil Baram (talk) 18:21, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
Titan Leashing[edit source]
Malvodion, I think the last edit removed the information I was trying to add and made it slightly incorrect (the Titan does not necessarily become invulnerable when the phoenixes respawn, and the healing is related to resetting/leashing, not the phoenixes). I made a new edit trying to make it clearer and more succinct. I've seen a fair number of people in game not know how this works (it changed a long time ago, it used to become invulnerable while you were attacking it). Let me know if you think there's a problem.
Ambiguous Detail[edit source]
Could we clarify the following sentence: "Structures do more damage the closer they are to their base" which is located in the Details section under Towers & Phoenixes.
- I see how it could be confusing for readers, specially new players. I rewrote that bit, it should be a lot more clear now.--Malvodion (talk) 00:34, 6 October 2015 (UTC)