SMITE Version 6.5.5418
6.5 - Sand and Skies | April 30, 2019
- 1 6.5 - Sand and Skies | April 30, 2019
- 1.1 New Egyptian God: Horus - The Rightful Heir
- 1.2 New Egyptian God: Set - The Usurper
- 1.3 New God Skins
- 1.4 New Voice Packs
- 1.5 Update Release Schedule
- 1.6 Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Project Olympus
- 1.8 Game Modes
- 1.9 Items
- 1.10 Gods
New Egyptian God: Horus - The Rightful Heir
- Each time Horus is damaged by an enemy god, Horus gains a stack of Resolute. If Set is the god damaging Horus, Horus gains 2 stacks. Each stack increases Horus’ Protections and CCR. Resolute stacks to a max count of 10 for 3s. When Resolute fades, Horus is healed based on the amount of stacks.
- Protections Per Stack: 1.5
- CCR Per Stack: 1.5%
- Heal Per Stack: 2 + 0.75 Per Level
- Horus uses his wings to create an updraft around himself, knocking nearby enemies into the air. Using the currents from the updraft, Horus’ next Basic Attack within 5s will create a gust of wind that travels forward, damaging enemies and slowing them for 2.5s. Enemies that are knocked up when hit take bonus damage.
- Damage: 50/95/140/185/230 (+60% of your Physical Power)
- Gust Damage: 14/23/32/41/50 (+100% of your Basic Attack Damage)
- Gust Bonus Damage: 1.5x
- Gust Slow: 25%
- Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana
- Horus dashes forward a short distance, ready to strike with his weapon. If Horus hits a god he stops and stuns the god for 1.25s. He will then wind up a heavy cleave. Enemies hit have their Protections reduced for 3s
- Dash Damage : 70/95/120/145/170 (+30% of your Physical Power)
- Cleave Damage : 60/95/120/155/190 (+50% of your Physical Power)
- Protection Reduction : 10/15/20/25/30
- Cooldown : 16 seconds
- Cost : 55/60/65/70/75 mana
- Horus rushes to the aid of an ally. After selecting an ally, Horus will fly to their location before descending. Upon landing, the selected ally and all nearby allies have their health restored and gain protections for 3s.
- Heal : 50/100/150/200/250 (+10% of your Physical Power)
- Protection Buff : 10/15/20/25/30
- Cooldown : 16 seconds
- Cost : 65 mana
To The Skies!
- Horus sends a mirror image of himself into the sky that scouts for a location to fly to. Upon selecting a ground location, Horus will begin to channel for 2s. Any ally near Horus after these 2 seconds are flown to the location Horus’ image chose. Horus and his allies land with such force, enemies take damage and are knocked away from the landing location. Horus and his allies gain a protective shield upon landing.
- Damage : 150/250/350/450/550 (+80% of your Physical Power)
- Shield : 160/240/320/400/480
- Cooldown : 100 seconds
- Cost : 100 mana
New Egyptian God: Set - The Usurper
- Each time Set damages an enemy, Set gains a stack of Relentless. If Horus is the enemy Set damages, Set gains 2 stacks. Each stack increases Set’s Attack Speed. Relentless stacks to a max count of 10 for 3s. While Kingslayer is active, Relentless has no maximum stack count.
- Attack Speed per Stack : 2.5%
- Set amasses his hatred, throwing it forward and damaging enemies caught in its path. Set’s spawns are commanded when Set fires this attack, dashing towards a location Set determines. Enemies hit by either Skewer or a Spawns dash take damage and are slowed for 3s. Any dash after the first will deal 40% damage.
- Damage : 70/110/150/190/230 (+80% of your Physical Power)
- Spawn Damage : 60/90/120/150/180 (+80% of your Physical Power)
- Slow : 25%
- Dash Range : 60ft
- Cooldown : 7 seconds
- Cost : 40/45/50/55/60 mana
Spawn of Set
- Set conjures a spawn of himself made of sand. These spawns will stand where summoned and attack nearby enemies. Set can have up to 2 charges of this ability, allowing him to conjure spawns in quick succession. Set can interact with these spawns with his other abilities, commanding them to attack or teleporting to them. Set can only have 8 spawns at any given time.
- Damage : 20 (+25% of your Physical Power)
- Attack Range : 12ft
- Duration : 8/9/10/11/12s
- Cooldown : 13/13/12/12/11 seconds
- Cost : 30 mana
- Set conjures a Sandstorm around him, protecting him from Physical Damage and causing him to be immune to Slows. Enemies near Set are damaged every .4s for 6s and have their vision obscured by the sands. If Set is targeting a spawn when this ability is cast, he will immediately teleport to the spawn. Otherwise, he can reactivate this ability to teleport. Set can only teleport once per Sandstorm.
- Damage : 8/12/16/20/24 (+7% of your Physical power)
- Physical Damage Reduction : 15%
- Teleport Range : 65ft
- Cooldown : 16 seconds
- Cost : 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- Set enrages, channeling his rage towards his enemies. Each time Set damages a god they gain a Mark of Set. At 4 Marks the target erupts. Enemies take a burst of damage while Set becomes empowered, restoring Health and immediately gaining a charge of Spawn of Set. Excess charges are immediately consumed, causing a Spawn to appear near Set.
- Damage : 25/40/55/70/85 (+25% of your Physical Power)
- Heal : 30/45/60/75/90 (+20% of your Physical Power)
- Duration : 12s
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
- Cost : 80/85/90/95/100 mana
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- Helheim Ullr
- Fabled Artio
- Illuminator Baron Samedi
- Gladiator Thor
- Marrow Eater Fenrir
- Blinky Chibi Janus
- Pop Punk Hel
Update Release Schedule
- Horus and Set Release
- Battle for Olympus #1
Second Week of May
- Fairytale Chest
Third Week of May
- Battle for Olympus #2
Fourth Week of May
- Chibi Bonanza Chest
- New Free Twitch Prime Loot
- Cooldown “reduction” changed to “decrease”
- Fixed minor issue with Chompy Chibi where his tongue would stretch during ability.
- Added missing “Pros” on tooltip: High Area Damage, High Crowd Control
- Basic Attack
- Fixed an issue where her first basic attack would gain the benefit of Ichaival
- Fixed cooldown timers sometimes quickly refreshing after swapping stance while abilities are on cooldown
- Fixed damage not applying to camp minions if ability deployed before spawn
- Fixed camp minions not animating on death if killed by turret
- Fixed not being able to sell Evolved Attacker’s Blessing
- Fixed Soul Reaver tooltip not mentioning the 50% reduced damage on followup hits
- Fixed Stone of Binding tooltip not mentioning duration
- Fixed Phantom Veil upgrade not having highlight for what changed in the upgrade in its tooltip
- Fixed an issue where MMR was being rounded to the nearest interval of 25
- Leaderboards will still display values in intervals of 25. We plan to fix this in future releases.
- Fixed rewards still displaying Split 1 instead of Split 2
- Fixed your displayed rank appearing to increase when repeatedly viewing the same leaderboard
- Fixed the 2015 Ranked Loading Frame so that is now displays properly
- Fixed Fire Giant and Gold Fury timers sometimes not displaying properly
- Fixed an issue where Role Calling appearing in 1v1 Matches
- Fixed an issue where Deathmarks were not properly displaying their icon on all screens.
- Triumphant Chests now properly list Team Boosters as unowned, allowing players to know they can be rolled.
- Fixed Match Details not displaying for some matched on Console.
- Fixed an issue where Chests were not properly working when Bundles inside the chest were owned or rolled.
- Fixed an issue where players on PC couldn’t send clan invites from the Clan Admin Page.
- Fixed an issue where clan invites didn’t display player names on PC.
- Fixed an issue where the Console God Leaderboards were not working properly.
- Fixed an issue where match information wasn’t always being populated in Match History
- Fixed truncated text on Report Player pop up
- Fixed an issue where Co-Op matches weren’t providing the intended Worshipper rewards
- Priority Points no longer reset when you relog.
- Ranked and Normal Conquest no longer share the same pool of Priority Points.
- Matchmaking Rating (MMR) gains and losses now properly display at the End of Match Lobby.
Co-Op Vs AI
- More behaviors and AI improvements have been added to SMITE’s bots
- Fixes to behavior around towers
- Fixed an issue where bots thought ally towers were enemy towers
- Fixed an issue that ranged gods would not attack enemies near towers even if in range
- Prioritizing attacking enemy towers if in range vs gods/minions
- Added new FX to indicate the pre-fire of this ability.
- This gives players better indication as to when and where they will hit targets
- Added new FX to indicate the hit area of the cone part of this ability
- This affects all skins
- Decreased the height of the animation of this ability while keeping the timings the same. This should help clarify that Xing Tian is still in play space and hittable while at the apex of this ability.
- Fixed a bug where the first rank of this ability had a shorter range then intended.
- This ability now functions as a leap and not like a dash
- This means that Xing Tian has immunity frames immediately after he leaves the ground during the leap until he reaches back to the ground
- This also means that Xing Tian can now leap over walls with this ability
- Added new FX to clarify the hit area of this ability
- Clarified tooltip to mention the duration of protection is tied to hitting an enemy
- Fixed occurrences where this ability would only get 1 charge or get extra charges past 2.
- This ability should now always fire up to two times.
- Fixed a bug where Xing Tian was able to refire his leap on respawning.
- Fixed a bug where the player was forced to refire the leap in order to put the ability on cooldown
- Fixed a bug where the second leap would not animate correctly and would cause the player to slide.
- Fixed occurrences where the landing of this ability would not register properly.
- This should remove the likelihood where Xing Tian is unable to leap a second time after being Crowd controlled during the first ability fire.
- This should also remove the likelihood of Xing Tian returning to the start position or tweening to his end position in the middle of a leap.
- Fixed a bug where leaping into a cripple field would cause you to remain in the refire state permanently.
Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
- Clarified tooltip regarding the number of hits for this ability
- This ability was sometimes hitting for more than intended
“The New Assault map has brought a beautiful art set to Asgard, but we saw a lot of feedback about the new gameplay mechanics. The Vital orbs create a lot of fun moments and promote aggressive gameplay, but the amount of impact they had on a match was too high. We are decreased the amount of Health and Mana they restore as well as drastically slowing down their respawn timer to ensure that the way you play your god is still the primary key to victory.
- Decreased potion restoration from 15% instant Health and Mana heal to 10%
- Increased potion respawn time from 1min to 2min
The updated Hunter bridge items from T2 to T3 had some exciting results. Hunters have more build variety than ever and are also feeling more impactful at earlier stages in the game. We did see one break case where Hunters could rush Ichaival and then win their lane handily. We are increasing it’s cost to slow this strategy down and help make sure build diversity stays strong at all parts of the game.
- Increased Cost from 2450 to 2600
This hybrid item has found a whole new life since its buffs at the start of Season 6. It brings an interesting effect to the Physical gods but currently been performing too well outside of its intended classes. We are happy to see the item being picked up on Assassins and Hunters, as well as the more expected Warriors, but there is always danger when DPS classes become too tanky. We are adjusting this item to keep its appeal to Solo Laners, but decrease its allure to Hunters and Junglers.
- Increased Cost from 2300 to 2400
- Decreased Physical Power from 55 to 50
Blackthorn Hammer has become too cost effective for its price. The amount of Health provided, especially early, made this item difficult to pass up and allowed many gods to become tanky with minimal investment. We are lowering the Health provided to ensure it doesn’t overshadow and stagnate builds.
- Decreased Health from 450 to 350
At the end of Season 5 we saw the rise of Bakasura, and now through Season 6 the basic attack Assassins have reigned supreme. Even after some Bakasura nerfs, He and Kali have dominated the SPL, and Arachne has climbed to the most winningest god in the game in many metrics (believe it or not). To take these Junglers down a notch we are nerfing their key item a small amount. Hopefully this will promote a wider variety of gods in the Season 6 Jungle.
- Increased Cost 2200 to 2300
- Decreased Attack Speed from 25% to 20%
As we continue to look for quality of life improvements and ways to polish up old gods, we have updated the targeting elements on abilities like Bastet’s Declaw. This ability fires a line shot projectile but it detonates into a circle that wasn’t previously conveyed. This will now be shown clearly, and similar treatments will be applied to abilities on Kukulkan and Scylla.
- Added a circle targeter element to the ability targeter to convey this ability’s area of effect when it hits an enemy
Season 6 has progressed with many changes to the Duo Lane, but Ganesh has failed to find a spot in the meta. He is receiving a few different targeted adjustments to help him feel more impactful in a few different ways. The power buff from Turn of Fate is an interesting effect, but the duration being so short made it hard to make use of the buff. Ohm often caused confusion, where players often expected a protections buff to apply to all types of damage, yet Ohm only provided physical protections. Finally, Remove Obstacles is a narrow skill shot, and its damage is being increased to make sure it feels rewarding to hit.
Turn of Fate
- Buff Duration increase from 3s to 4s
- Now provides 20/30/40/50/60 Magical Protections as well as Physical Protections while channeling
- Damage increased from 75/120/165/210/255 to 90/135/180/225/270
The Ricochet masters is receiving a major quality of life buff this patch to make his kit feel more fluid. Hou Yi will now longer be rooted while firing his ultimate, allowing him to keep moving and rotating while this ability deploys. This will give Hou Yi more ways to follow up his Ultimate.
- Hou Yi is no longer rooted and can move his camera freely while firing this ability
Izanami can clear a wave faster than nearly every other hunter, yet her Conquest viability has still been quite low. We are making Izanami more reliable across multiple aspects of her kit. She won’t need to be at such a low HP % to gain full benefits from her passive, her CC will be more consistent, and most importantly, her movement ability will feel much more fluid! This should make her feel a lot better without the risk of overpowering the goddess.
Death Draws Nigh
- Decreased the threshold of missing health to gain a stack from 15% to 10%
- This effect still caps at 20% Physical Penetration, but Izanami reaches the cap at 50% HP now instead of 25% HP
- Changed slow duration to be 3s at all ranks
- Lowered travel time from 0.6s to 0.5s
- Removed the brief self root at the end of this leap.
The World Serpent has had a HUGE impact on the battleground. As the biggest god in the game he feels very different at the most core level. All our statistics and most community feedback show the god as slightly underpowered. He will be receiving some slight buffs and one large quality of life change. We want to make sure he feels good to play, without overdoing it, as many high level players do feel like he has strong potential in SPL and high ranks.
Jorm’s basic attack damage is being increased to help him focus on one of his main strengths as a good, early game wave clear and pressure. His interaction between his abilities and Venomous Clouds is being adjusted to punish him less for proper combos. And finally, he is going to be allowed to refire his Bellow if it becomes interrupted. This ability will no longer give him a buff while firing, which makes the refiring consistent with other god abilities.
- Basic Attacks
- Increased basic attack damage from 9.6 + 0.64/lvl to 11.2 + 0.96/lvl
- Consuming clouds with abilities now lowers the cloud duration to 8s instead of 5s
- Removed Damage mitigations while channeling this ability
- This ability no longer goes on cooldown if interrupted during the channel
Excalibur has continued to slay gods left and right, especially at the highest levels of play. King Arthur’s Ultimate was designed to reward the Arthur player for building energy quickly, and to deal consistent damage to tanky and squishy targets, but it appears that this ability is still lacking in counterplay. This ability can also be escaped, even once the enemy is caught in Arthur’s slashes, but the damage was too stacked onto the end of the ability, which is taken even when cleansed. These changes will shift the damage so that players who escape the ultimate will take far less damage than before, and with True Damage changing to Physical Damage will also decrease the total damage of the ability. This should make it easier to fight against King Arthur
- Increased Per Slash Damage from 10/20/30/40/50 to 10/25/40/55/70.
- Increased Per Slash True Damage from 1.5% to 2%.
- The Slash True Damage now deals Physical Damage.
- Decreased Final Hit Damage and AoE from 60/135/210/285/360 to 50/110/170/230/290.
- The Final Hit and AoE True Damage now deals Physical Damage.
- Overall damage changed from 120/225/390/525/660 + 14/16/18/20/22% of HP True Damage to 110/260/410/560/700 + 17/19/21/23/25% of HP Physical Damage.
- Added a circle targeter element to the ability targeter to convey this ability’s area of effect when it hits an enemy