SMITE Version 6.12.5745.1
6.12 - RWBY | November 12, 2019
- 1 6.12 - RWBY | November 12, 2019
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Update Release Schedule
- 1.4 RWBY Battle Pass
- 1.5 Bug Fixes
- 1.6 Project Olympus
- 1.7 Game Modes
- 1.8 Item Balance
- 1.9 God Balance
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- Ruby Rose Thanatos
- Weiss Schnee Freya
- Blake Belladonna Amaterasu
- Yang Xiao Long Terra
- Living Death Scylla
- M.O.U.S.E. Force Ganesha
- Code Breaker Osiris
- Pink Lotus Pele
- Divine Machina Apollo
- Frost Bite Cerberus
- Sugar and Slice Da Ji
Update Release Schedule
- November 12
- RWBY Battle Pass
- Living Death Scylla
- M.O.U.S.E. Force Ganesha
- November 19
- Code Breaker Osiris
- Winter Wonderland Chest
- November 26
- Pink Lotus Pele
- December 3
- Divine Machina Apollo
Please note that these dates are tentative and subject to change.
“Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! Banzai! We're so excited for this collaboration with our friends at Rooster Teeth, and can't wait for Team RWBY to hit the Battleground!”
Battle Pass Details
- Decreased the total BP from 85,000 to 75,000 on the Premium Pass. The Prestige Pass still requires 85,000 BP to complete.
- Players will have an additional 2 weeks to complete this pass. It will run until Season 7 Launches.
- This Battle pass has 4 new T3 skins and a Prestige Skin, as well as many more Enigma Chests and Loadout items.
- This battle Pass Costs 750 gems (or 1350 to unlock with bonus points).
Battle Pass Rewards
- The new cosmetic items in each track in the order they are unlocked are:
- Not including chests, currency, or consumable rewards.
- Free Items
- RWBY Music Theme
- RWBY Jump Stamp
- Premium Items
- Blake Belladonna Amaterasu Skin
- RWBY Loading Frame
- Yang Announcer Pack
- Ruby Avatar
- Blake Announcer Pack
- Weiss Schnee Freya Skin
- Yang Avatar
- BANZAII!! Global Emote
- Weiss Announcer Pack
- Blake Avatar
- Yang Xiao Long Terra Skin
- Ruby Announcer Pack
- RWBY Loading Screen
- Weiss Avatar
- ZWEI Ward Skin
- Ruby Rose Thanatos Skin
- Prestige Items
- Classic Ruby Rose Thanatos Skin
- Huntsman Title
- Fixed an issue where multiple Co-Op mode's bots weren't working as intended when on easy difficulty.
- A bug fix was made in the last update which caused all player-made walls to be destroyed by structures. This change has been reverted.
- Fixed an issue where player's cosmetic item loadouts would reset at unintended times.
- Made it more clear when you receive a new message in your lobby chat to ensure ranked players don't miss vital communications.
- Fixed an issue in match lobby where the old dropdown filtered could still be accessed.
- Fixed an issue where certain players friends lists would not populate with any information or respond to any inputs.
- Fixed an issue where other types of chat would appear in the clan chat channel.
- Fixed an issue where some games would have no general chat lobby in the End of Match Lobby.
- Fixed an issue where players could avoid tower damage even when inside the tower radius in some specific spots.
- Fixed an issue where the Pyromancer would not attack players who stood in specific spots.
- Duel players will now always gain or lose MMR, regardless of the match length.
- Fixed description that stated players would be playing against bots in pvp matches.
- Fixed an issue where He Bo could knock gods up on top of the walls Cabrakan's ultimate creates.
- Fixed an issue where Horus Ultimate did magical damage.
- Fixed an issue where Jormangandr could get into a bad state if he died while firing his ultimate.
- Gods with execute abilities (Ao Kuang, Thanatos, Achilles) will now execute Kumbhakarna ignoring his passive and immediately killing him.
- Kumbhakarna will not have his passive consumed or put on cooldown if he is executed in a way that prevents it from triggering.
- Gods with other abilities that prevent death (Kali, Chiron) will not be affected by this change and their interactions will remain the same as always.
- Currently Kumbhakarna can still be executed if he is already in his passive-triggered state. This is still being updated. Intended behavior is for Kumbha not to have any execute FX on him or be executable when he is already in his passive state.
- Fixed an issue where the flower form of her plants were not hitting in the intended cone area.
- Persephone will behave in a similar way as Khumba. If she is executed she will not revive from her passive, and her seeds/cooldown for that passive will not be consumed.
- Currently Persephone is still displaying execute FX even though she cannot be executed. This is still being updated. Intended behavior is for Persephone not to have any execute FX on her or be executable when he is already in his passive state.
- Fixed an issue where Kaldr could fall through the floor of maps. Bad Dog.
- Fixed an issue where Thanatos was not properly executing Kumbhakarna and Persephone through their passive abilities.
- Fixed an issue where buying Yemoja would show the wrong god icon in the notifications section.
- Basic Attacks
- Fixed collision bugs so that ally deployables are no longer highlighted and enemy deployables can no longer be hit with the wider radius.
- Fixed an issue where the Moonstrike targeter would have incorrect visual FX.
- This targeter now changes color when it is aimed in the location that would place the deployable in the opposite direction.
- River's Rebuke
- Fixed an issue where players could be blocked by the ultimate walls but not be hit by the sweep.
- Increased wall pushback force on initial deploy.
- Fixed an issue where the Bloody Butcher Skin had some inconsistent voice lines.
- Fixed an issue where Ymir would gain CC immunity from his ultimate but not be able to escape Persephone Ultimate. He can now escape the vines if he moves out after firing his ultimate.
Isis Visual Update
- The Egyptian Goddess of Magic will have a completely new model, card art, rig and animation set in this update.
- Mastery, Recolor, and Shadow Skins have all been updated to the new model.
- No ability FX or Voice acting has been changed on those skins.
- Other Isis Skins have not been changed.
- Classic Isis has been added as a new skin preserving the old base model. It will be available forever as Direct Purchase for 200 Gems or 9500 Favor.
Acquisition Screen Overhaul
- The screen that shows players what items they have unlocked after quests or purchases has been redesigned.
- This screen will now more clearly show what item players have obtained and how they unlocked it.
- This will now better support unlocking many items at once.
- Fixed Issues where names were being shown in places where they should be hidden.
- Removed the “Hide Self” option.
- Now if players wants to “Hide Self” they will need to use the “Hide All” option instead. This ensures players do not gain as much competitive advantage from hiding their name.
New Feature: Team Composition Helper
- This feature is being added in the lobby to help newer players find the right gods for their squad.
- Additional text in lobby will now show up in the lobby to suggest things like:
- Team has too much or not enough of a damage type (magical, physical).
- Team is missing a guardian.
- The penalty for Deserting a Ranked Match is now more intense than deserting a normal casual match.
- The penalty for deserting a normal casual match has been slightly reduced.
- Deserting will still lock your ability to play any game mode, regardless of where you deserted from.
Ranked Matchmaking & Split Changes
“The change to timed queues last year made a huge impact on matchmaking. With timed queues we can guarantee that the top 10 players end up in a game together. The main advantage of this system is its consistency. Right now in SMITE matchmaking timed queues take every player who accepts and works top-down to make the teams. This prevents any strange MMR gaps due to optimizations elsewhere. If there is an MMR gap in a match, those were still the factually closest players to each other at the time.
As we expanded on timed queues we added the ability to duo queue, which does cause some shifting in the “top-down” method. This is why we have kept the MMR range for parties quite narrow. Duo Queue did not have any measurable negative effect on matchmaking, but it certain impacted people's perception of their game quality.
We continued to experiment with matchmaking by reducing queue times. This experiment has proven somewhat successful, as people have been much happier with the queue time and our matchmaking data has not changed much, although it did get slightly worse, as expected. That slight decrease seems to be worth it for faster queues.
And lets not forget that crossplay has drastically boosted the player pool in normal matches, and even console Ranked matches (Xbox + PS4), which positively impacted matchmaking.
Matchmaking feedback has been rather quiet, we see less social media images sharing bad matches than ever, but one thing still wasn't feeling right. We saw lots of community feedback this split how specifically Ranked matchmaking felt random and inaccurate. To continue to strive for the best matchmaking possible in SMITE we are making a big change to our ranked split reset logic. That change is, remove resets! (at least for now) We will not be resetting MMR or Variance nearly as often. Even when 7.1 ships we will aim to only reset Variance, essentially empowering players move up (or down) more easily for a period of time, but while keeping them at their current MMR.
Soft Resetting MMR has its advantages, but due to the strict mathematics of True Skill we know it results in a dip in Matchmaking Quality. True Skill works to identify a players skill level and adding uncertainty into the system can cause negative results. When we had longer splits this uncertainty was OK as the system had time to correct before the next reset and provided meaningful progression each split. With the increased frequency this is no longer true. Frequent resets have been causing community frustration, and also upset the True Skill method, so we will be reserving those for very rare cases going forward. We are looking towards Season 7 to ensure each split still feels like a exciting time to hop into ranked without rely on soft resets like we have.”
- A new split will be starting with this update, but there will be no MMR or Variance reset.
- TP Will Reset.
- Reward Progress will Reset and new rewards will be available.
- God Leaderboards Will Reset.
- No MMR Reset.
- No Variance Reset.
- Another Adventure Returns: Classic Domination!
- Added Conquest-style fountain speed buff at game start.
- Cut paths through geometry to make it easier to rotate from point to point.
“With the release of the Arthurian items we saw a large increase in community theorycrafting, exploring the best use cases for these items. While Pridwen and Fail-not have found a solid home in the right situations, Arondight and Staff of Myrddin have struggled to find the same point of balance. We feel their effects are potent, but need some help in their base power to be more competitive.”
- Increased Physical Power from 65 to 75.
- Increased Magical Power from 100 to 120.
“Although it has been slowly adopted, Ethereal Staff has clearly become a powerful item. It has a high degree of flexibility with the ability to provide health, power, bonus damage, and a form of self heal through its passive. We are increasing the cost for now, making it slightly harder to build into, but it will be kept on close watch as we approach Season 7.”
- Cost increased from 2500 to 2600.
“Amaterasu's recent buffs clearly outperformed our expectations, so she is being toned back down. Her early game is much healthier now, as is her popularity, which clearly show us that people did not prefer her difficult “lose lane win game” tradeoff. To balance out her overall performance her late game movement speed, arguably her strongest trait, is being decreased. We are also decreasing her Ultimate damage, which is exceedingly high.”
- Divine Presence
- Decreased Benevolence Aura Movement Speed from 5/10/15/20/25% to 5/9/13/17/21%.
- Dazzling Offensive
- Decreased Base Damage from 95/140/185/230/275 to 80/125/170/215/260.
“Cerberus is a good boy, but has struggled to be a good god. To help carve his niche into SMITE we are focusing on his bruiser support capabilities, rather than giving him additional raw burst or control. His passive is unique, converting enemy healing into his own live so we are further highlighting this passive with a buff. Additionally, Ghastly Breath released with a potent shred that we pulled back. He is now in a state where we can find a middle ground from his current and old numbers.”
- Spirit of Death
- Increased healing from stolen heal from 40% to 50%.
- Ghastly Breath
- Increased Protection Shred from 6/8/10/12/14 to 6/9/12/15/18 from stack.
“Discordia has fallen out of favor recently, perhaps it's just the meta or perhaps she offended one too many gods. Either way, she needs some love. Unruly magic is her main clear and poke tool so it is seeing a slight damage increase to make her all around more effective. Also, the cooldown on erratic behavior is being decreased to make her slightly safer and allow skilled Discordia players to shine more by using this ability for kit synergy, not just escapes or engages.”
- Unruly Magic
- Increased Base Damage from 70/115/160/205/250 to 75/125/175/225/275.
- Erratic Behavior
- Decreased cooldown from 18s to 16s.
“Freya's abilities are being restored to her previous functionality. Many numbers are being adjusted as well. We encourage players to read the blog linked below for more information on this decision. Freya's kit below is presented without “increase or decrease” terminology so that it can be more easily readable. All numbers here are presented at their intended values for this update.”
- For full details and explanation of these changes check out our Freya Dev Blog Post!
- Freya has been reverted to her February 2017 balance state.
- Mystic Warrior
- Mystic Warrior has been reverted to Brisingamen's Blessing.
- Freya's necklace grants her additional Magical Lifesteal.
- Magical Lifesteal: 15%
- Northern Lights
- Northern Lights has been reverted to Irradiate.
- Freya activates a Buff that makes her Basic Attacks do bonus Magical damage.
- Bonus Damage: 40/55/70/85/100 (+25% of your Magical Power).
- Duration: 5s
- Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown: 11s
- Aurora Blade
- Aurora Blade has been reverted to Pulse.
- Freya activates a Buff that makes her Basic Attacks ranged, dealing bonus Magical damage and Slowing the target and all nearby enemies. The area effect and slow are lost when Irradiate is active.
- Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+15% of your Magical Power)
- Duration: 6s
- Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown: 11s
- At her ground target location, Freya Banishes her enemies into the air for a short time. The enemies can't be hit or take action while in the air.
- Banish Duration: 1.5s
- Cost: 70/65/60/55/50
- Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15s
- Valkyrie's Discretion
- Freya uses her Cloak of Feathers to fly above the battlefield where she fires down blasts of Magical damage up to 4 times while flying. Freya can't be hit when at full ascension and can cancel it anytime.
- Damage per Blast: 100/135/170/205/240 (+35% of your Magical Power)
- Duration: 3.6s
- Cost: 90/95/100/105/110
- Cooldown: 90s
“Ganesha players would sometimes place Dharmic Pillars off from where they intended. This was due to a small window of time from cast to actual placement where it would allow you to continue to aim. We have changed this so Ganesha players can be fully accurate where they place these PIllars.”
- Dharmic Pillars
- Fixed an issue where Rank 2 was costing too much mana.
- Dharmic Pillar now caches aim. It should now be placed where the player was targeting when cast.
“Since Mid Season Isis has been a consistent strong pick with a high ban rate. The boost to her survivability combines with nice Quality of Life adjustments have really propelled her up the charts. Her weakness should be her lower mobility, but our changes allowed her to cover that weakness too directly. Spirit Ball is a powerful self peel tool as well as a low cooldown source of damage. Decreasing this cooldown should have quite a large statistical impact on her performance.”
- Spirit Ball
- Increased cooldown from 10s to 12s.
- Dispel Magic
- Decreased Base Shield Health from 70/110/150/190/230 to 50/95/140/185/230.
- Circle of Protection
- Decreased Base Healing from 110/130/150/170/190 to 90/115/140/165/190.
“Everyone's favorite E-boy has been getting too many likes lately. Susano started to rise after the rework of heartseeker, and has reached a new high for the character. Generally we consider Susano as one of those gods that just needs to have slightly lower win-rate to feel balanced, and currently he is not at that state. We are decreased his top-end damage on two key abilities to take down his hyper carry potential and make him rely more on his team.”
- Storm Kata
- Decreased scaling per hit from 55% to 50%.
- Scaling reduced from 140% to 125%.
“It's about time Sylvanus grew a new leaf. His ability to root and control an enemy team is his defining feature, but his primary CC ability had some limitations that felt unintuitive. Verdant Growth will now be able to be fired over walls, better allowing Sylvanus to run down enemies or peel for allies, and of course better enabling those high impact pulls.”
- Verdant Growth
- This ability can now be fired over walls.
- Updated this abilities targeter to be more distinct from his Basic Attacks.
- Nature's Grasp
- Fixed an issue where the pull direction wouldn't match the Direction Sylvanus was facing.
“Thor got a surge of energy in his Mid Season rework. Although his high level pick/ban rate increased, his win-rate did not follow. Our primary goal was to make Thor an attractive pick at high end again, and that had succeeded handily. After watching his metrics and monitoring feedback for a few months we feel safe to nerf this character. His new components should still allow him to be an interesting pro pick, but this should town frustrations players have in normal games by lowering the instant burst potential of his Ultimate.”
- Anvil of Dawn
- Decreased Damage from Landing Impact from 120/165/210/255/300 to 100/150/200/250/300.
- There was an issue where the Landing Impact was listed as dealing more damage than it was actually doing.
- Decreased Lightning Damage on the Initial Target from 20/30/40/50/60 to 15/25/35/45/55.
“Tyr has returned to his classic glory with the addition of his long lost knockup. This has made him a much more viable pick, and now he should be adjusted accordingly. His healing had been buffed in the past to make him a safer pick, but now it clearly feels like too much for the god. His healing on power cleave is being decreased across the board to focus Tyr more toward the aggressive side of the Solo Lane roster.”
- Power Cleave (Guard Stance)
- Healing reduced from 30/55/80/105/130 to 20/45/70/95/120.