Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
SMITE Version 5.9.4788.4
5.9 - Dragon's Fortune | May 30, 2018
- 1 5.9 - Dragon's Fortune | May 30, 2018
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Bug Fixes
- 1.4 Misc
- 1.5 Item Balance
- 1.6 God Balance
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- All Platforms
- Updated all mentions of Out-Of-Combat triggers to be specific about their timing. The following have all been updated:
- Glossary Description
- Game Pause Message
- Guan Yu Passive (Painless)
- Awilix Passive (Initiative)
- Khepri Passive (Fortitude)
- Bellona's Shield Bash
- Bellona's Scourge
- Bellona's Bludgeon
- Blink Rune
- Upgraded Blink Rune
- Rod of Asclepius
- Rod of Healing
- Fixed an issue where the UI would replay the “lock in ” animation for all locked in players each time a player locked in a God.
- Soul Reaver will now correctly cost 2750 gold.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap could be pushed to the top right of the screen behind other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue where Chernobog had an incorrect pantheon icon.
- Hydra's Lament no longer applies bonus damage to abilities that are treated as Basic Attacks. (Chernobog's Vicious Barrage and Mercury's Made You Look).
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn't see their proper active booster time displayed.
- Electro Raver Global Emote
- Electro Raver Level Up Skin
- New Additions to the Awesome Chest
- Abyssal Warrior Sun Wukong
- Countess Chang'e
- Pot O'Gold Fafnir
- Playful Bunny Nu Wa
- Godlike Chest Skins with this Update
- Recon Artemis
- Peacekeeper Athena
- Fallen Lord Chronos
Fantasy Points Store
- New Additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- Kumbhalayan Yeti Kumbhakarna
- Igneous Terra
- Diva Aphrodite
“Soul Eater provides a unique effect that allows gods to sustain themselves with the damage done from their abilities, rather than their basic attacks. While the item has a powerful stat spread, the Ability Lifesteal from the evolved form did not provide enough health return. We are increasing it make sure that players who utilize it can feel the impact of its unique sustain effect.”
- Increased Ability Lifesteal from 10% to 15%.
“Hide of the Urchin has been primarily favored by gods in the Solo role, yet the stacks can be very hard to earn from that position. We are decreasing the amount of stacks required to evolve this item while bringing up the amount of protections per stack. Essentially, this item will provide nearly the same protections when fully stacked, it will just take less time to stack. The shield from the evolved form is also getting a speedup, allowing it to build up more quickly between fights.”
- Decreased stacks required to evolve from 10 to 7.
- Increased Protections per stack from 2 to 3.
- Decreased amount of time take to generate a shield from 3 to 2.
“In 5.9 we are focusing on targeted adjustments towards Support item options. Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet have become almost mandatory for supports this season, pushing out other more offensive options. Stone of Binding is a strong offensive choice that saw early experimentation but has fallen out of favor as the meta has developed. We are increasing the reward for triggering it, while cleaning up its visual representation to be less visually distracting.”
- Increased Passive Penetration buff from 10 to 15.
- Visual FX have been changed to a persistent aura, rather than a pulsing aura.
“Talisman of Energy is a strong utility aura that encourages teams to push with their minion waves, but was too restrictive in actual use cases. We are increasing the radius so players more reliably get the buff, increasing the duration to allow teams to utilize the buff better, and increasing the stacks to make it work fully against a wave of 6 minions.”
- Increased radius of the buff effect from 55 to 70.
- Increased buff duration from 6s to 8s.
- Increased max stacks from 5 to 6.
“Shogun's Kusari is a prime example of an offensive aura item that has been overshadowed recently by more defensive options. It enables compositions that benefit heavily from bonus attack speed for killing objectives or the enemy team. While it is powerful in that regard, the amount of survivability lost for building this over a Heartward Amulet was too severe, making it really difficult to build even with the perfect team comp. We are increasing the Magical Protection to help it better compete with other defensive choices.”
- Increased Magical Protection from 50 to 60.
“Sovereignty (and by extension Heartward Amulet) are both very efficient at providing team survivability as well as personal tankiness. In some metas offensive auras were the dominant choice and in others stacking Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet are the dominant choice. We want to create a more even playing field for these items, which means Sovereignty and Heartward Amulet are seeing light nerfs while the offensive options are being bought up as a whole.
Sovereignty is having its base defenses hit, making the tank that picks this up slightly more susceptible to physical gods.”
- Decreased Physical Protection from 50 to 45.
“As stated above, Heartward Amulet is seeing a light touch to ensure it is still a strong choice, but more in line with the offensive options. The Magical Protection provided by this aura is being reduced by 5, making teams as a whole more susceptible to Magical Damage.”
- Decreased Magical Protection provided by the aura from 20 to 15.
“Titan's Bane and Obsidian Shard saw a very high amount of use rate in the recent LAN, regardless of the enemy comp being tank-heavy or not. This points to the items being too effective in all situations. Titan's Bane and Obsidian Shard are having their base penetration reduced, while still scaling to the same 40% at a higher armor threshold. This should move these items further in the direction of tank counters, rather than all purpose Penetration choices.”
- Decreased Base Penetration from 20% to 15%.
- Increased Protection Threshold for Max penetration (40%) from 175 to 200 Physical Protections.
- Decreased Base Penetration from 20% to 15%.
- Increased Protection Threshold for Max penetration (40%) from 175 to 200 Magical Protections.
“Magical Boots are seeing power increases this patch. When looking at overall god performances, Mages are slightly underperforming compared to the rest of the god pool. While mid as a role may be super impactful, we have seen multiple instances where other classes besides mages can succeed in that position. To help Mages better compete against other classes for the mid lane role, we are increasing the base power of two types of shoes, something core to all mage players. Shoes of Focus is getting a slightly larger buff this patch than Shoes of the Magi, which was already the overwhelmingly most popular choice.”
- Increased Magical Power from 40 to 55.
- Increased Magical Power from 45 to 55.
“Ah Puch has strong control and AoE damage potential, but often struggles at key parts of the early game in Conquest. We are making a targeted change to Corpse Explosion, allowing it to deal more damage on its own and slightly less with each corpse available to him. This should help his early clear rely less on minions, without overdoing his already extreme late game damage potential.”
- Corpse Explosion
- Increased Initial Damage from 60/70/80/90/100 to 90/100/110/120/130.
- Decreased Damage Per Corpse from 60/85/110/135/160 to 55/80/105/130/155.
“The Lord of Darkness made a strong appearance, but aspects of his kit made him difficult to use in ways players wanted. His Mana costs are being lowered to allow him to use more abilities, especially in the early game. This will also open up more build paths for him instead of needing to rush Transcendence. Crystallized Curses is also getting a small damage bump, helping his damage output in the early game and when he lands the first part of his combo. Finally, Living Nightmare is getting some slight timing adjustments. Players will find themselves landing quicker and being able to act more quickly after landing.”
- Improved audio on is Basic Attacks to better match visuals.
- Crystallized Curses
- Decreased mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 50/55/60/65/70.
- Increased initial damage from 50/80/110/140/170 to 70/100/130/160/190.
- Vicious Barrage
- Decreased mana cost from 80/85/90/95/100 to 70/75/80/85/90.
- Into Darkness
- Made improvements to ensure players enter the wall when they expect to and don't get auto ejected.
- Fixed an issue where players would auto-eject from the wall in higher ping environments.
- Fixed an issue where on-hit items like The Crusher were being procced twice.
- Living Nightmare
- Removed the post-fire time from this ability. (from 0.2 to 0)
- Decreased minimum airtime from 1.2 to 1.
- Decreased maximum airtime from 3 to 2.6.
- Fixed an issue where traveling to a shadow could result in the player colliding with a wall. This resulted in them flying into the air and being unable to move.
- Fixed an issue where Chernobog could stutter on landing.
“Cu Chulainn is a powerhouse in the early game where he can heavily pressure his opponent with his Berserk passive that provides buffs and more abilities. As a god that wants to berserk and fight often, this is expected from him, but the amount of pressure is overwhelming, especially early on. We are lowering the amount of bonus Physical Power he gets while Berserk, helping opponents trade more favorably against The Hound of Ulster.”
- Decreased Passive Power bonus in Berserk form from 5+2 per level to 0+2 per level.
“Erlang Shen focuses on chaining down his opponents with basic attacks, using his kit to pin them in place. Spot Weakness really enables this playstyle, but the cost on it was prohibitive, making it difficult to execute. We are reducing the cost of this ability while also making the taunt from 9 Turns Blessing consistent at all ranks. This will help Erlang Shen and his team better play around a consistent duration of CC.”
- Spot Weakness
- Decreased Mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 at all ranks.
- 9 Turns Blessing
- Increased Taunt Duration from .8/.9/1/1.1/1.2s to 1.2s at all ranks.
“Hachiman brings a lot to the table as a hunter, and this has allowed him to thrive at the competitive level. We are bringing down the overall pressure that Heavenly Banner brings to the lane, while toning down the slow from Mounted Archery. These adjustments intend to bring his power more in line with other top hunters, and ensure he isn't stifling hunter pick diversity.”
- Heavenly Banner
- Decreased Damage from 85/140/195/250/305 to 75/130/185/240/295.
- Mounted Archery
- Decreased Slow from 25/30/35/40/45% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
“Neith has struggled to make an impact, largely due to her inability to scale late into the game. While she is ability focused, she is still a hunter that relies on Basic Attacks for a good portion of her damage. We are increasing her Base Attack speed to help her better synergize with Attack Speed items and from the Attack Speed she gains per level.”
- Increased Basic Attack Speed from .95 to 1.
“A few abilities have large area of effects that stop on contact with a wall or an enemy god, like Sol or Ah Puch. Recently, Hel had her targeters updated to better convey where their spells are likely to hit. Nox's Night Terror is getting the same treatment.”
- Night Terror
- Updated Targeter
- Now shows the explode radius. (new FX)
- Now explode radius slides along line targeter if blocked.
“Similar to Neith, while Skadi focuses on her pet management and abilities to control a fight, she is still a hunter. We are increasing her base attack speed to help her scale into the late game more consistently.”
- Increased Basic Attack Speed from .9 to .95.
“Xbalanque has been really stacking up against his opponents with the latest change to his passive. The consistency the change brought really helped his performance, but it came online too quickly. We are increasing the amount of damage needing to be dealt by 50%, causing his power curve to more closely match the original intent. Additionally, Poison Darts is getting an important fix. Abilities should not go on cooldown until they have provided some effect, but Poison Darts could get interrupted and consumed even if no darts were fired. With this adjustment Poison Darts will need to fire at least 1 dart before interrupting it will cause it to go on cooldown.”
- Dead of Night
- Xbalanque now needs to deal 1500 damage to gain 1 stack of Dead of Night (Up from 1000).
- Poison Darts
- This ability no longer consumes mana or the cooldown if interrupted before any darts are fired.
“Zeus is bringing the Thunder in 5.9! Zeus relies on Detonate for his primary burst and poke potential. We are reducing the Mana cost at all ranks to help him stay active in a fight, especially early game. Lightning Storm will also deal more damage at all ranks, allowing Zeus to contribute to a fight even when enemies quickly flee from his storm.”
- Detonate Charge
- Decreased Mana Cost from 90 at all ranks to 60 at all ranks.
- Lightning Storm
- Increased Base Damage from 100/120/140/160/180 to 120/140/160/180/200.
“Zhong Kui is getting some changes targeted at reducing the frustrating interactions he can sometimes have. Zhong Kui needs stacks to be effective, but his teammates can quickly remove his abilities to gain stacks. This is especially prevalent in non-conquest modes. Zhong Kui will now steal the souls of anything that dies around him, freeing up his ability to use his 1 + 2 combo as he wants. The amount of stacks, protections gained, and amount lost from using the ultimate and dying have been changed to fit this new stacking method. Finally, Book of Demons is seeing a stun increase. Early on, .5s offered very little opportunity to make plays while triggering his opponents diminishing returns.”
- Demon Bag
- Increased Stacks from 20 to 40.
- Decreased Protections per stack from 2 to 1.
- Zhong Kui now gains stacks when witnessing any death. He no longer gains stacks from consuming marks with Exorcism.
- Decreased Stacks lost on Death and after using Recall Demons from 100% to 50%.
- Book of Demons
- Stun Duration Increased from .5/.6/.7/.8/.9s to .7/.8/.9/1/1.1s.