SMITE Version 5.24.5226
5.24 - Wielder of Excalibur | January 7, 2019
- 1 5.24 - Wielder of Excalibur | January 7, 2019
- 1.1 New Arthurian God: King Arthur - Wielder of Excalibur
- 1.2 New God Skins
- 1.3 New Voice Packs
- 1.4 Misc.
- 1.5 Bug Fixes
- 1.6 God Balance
New Arthurian God: King Arthur - Wielder of Excalibur
- Each ability that damages a god results in a stack of Steadfast, reducing damage taken and increasing energy gain. Each time King Arthur uses an ability he swaps between his Standard and Combo Abilities. All abilities are Instant Cast. Attack Speed and Item Passives do not benefit his Basic Attacks. Attack Speed increases his energy gain.
- Damage Mitigation: 1.5% per Stack
- Bonus Energy Gain: 25% per Stack
- Duration: 15s
- Max Stacks: 4
- Attack Speed Conversion: 33%
Overhead Slash (Hamstring)
- Standard: King Arthur deals a devastating overhead blow in Melee range that creates a slashing attack that travels forwards. Enemies hit by the Melee strike take 50% of the damage from the Slicing attack.
- Combo: King Arthur swipes low, crippling and damaging enemies that are struck.
- Slash Damage: 60/115/170/225/280 (+60% of your physical power)
- Combo Damage: 60/120/180/240/300 (+60% of your physical power)
- Cripple Duration: 1.25s
- Energy Gain: 3
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
- Cost: 35/40/45/50/55 mana
Battle Stomp (Uppercut)
- Standard: King Arthur stomps on the ground with heavy force, causing enemies around him to take damage and become slowed.
- Combo: King Arthur charges forward, stopping on first god hit. At the end of the charge King Arthur unleashes an uppercut, knocking up enemies into the air.
- Stomp Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% of your physical power)
- Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
- Slow Duration: 2.5s
- Uppercut Damage: 50/95/140/185/230 (+40% of your physical power)
- Energy Gain: 4
- Cooldown: 14 seconds
- Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana
Twin Cleave (Bladestorm)
- Standard: King Arthur unleashes two cleave attacks while charging forward. Enemies hit by a cleave take damage and have their protections reduced.
- Combo: King Arthur swings Excalibur around him, charging forward and damaging enemies 5 times before winding up a final strike that deals more damage. King Arthur is immune to Knockup for the duration.
- Cleave Damage: 35/60/85/110/135 (+30% of your physical power)
- Protection Shred: 7%
- Spin Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+15% of your physical power)
- Final Damage: 30/80/130/180/230 (+40% of your physical power)
- Energy Gain: 1
- Cooldown: 16 seconds
- Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana
Sundering Strike (Excalibur's Wrath)
- 35 Energy: King Arthur winds up a massive jab, charging forward slightly before striking. Enemies hit by this jab are stunned for 1s.
- 80 Energy: King Arthur charges forward with Excalibur drawn. If King Arthur hits an enemy god, he launches them into the air and unleashes a barrage of 6 attacks, after which he launches them back to the ground dealing damage to the target and any enemy below.
- Jab Damage: 100/160/220/280/340 (+65% of your physical power)
- Damage per Hit: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your physical power)
- Max HP Damage: 1.5% True Damage Per Hit
- Landing Damage: 60/135/210/285/360 (+50% of your physical)
- Max HP Damage: 5/7/9/11/13% True Damage Landing Hit
- Cooldown: 20 seconds
- Cost: 35 Energy (80 Energy)
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- King Arthur
- Cosmic Conqueror Hercules
- Brimstone Cerberus
- Glacial Gaze Medusa
- Dragon Keeper Discordia
- Blight Guardian Athena
New Cosmetic Items
- Excalibur Ward Skin
- Arthurian Recall Skin
- Cosmic Fountain FX
- Cosmic Jump Stamp
- Brimstone Announcer Pack
- Draconic Loading Screen
Fantasy Points Store
- New additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- Amazon Athena
- Irezumir Ymir
- Wyrm Slayer Ullr
- New additions to the Awesome Chest
- Riptide Poseidon
- Sunny Chibi Amaterasu
- Shadow Claw Bastet
- Warp Tech Janus
“With the Holidays approaching a lot of our team is taking some much needed time off to spend with friends and family. We will be taking an extra week on the 5.24 patch, which we plan to launch on January 7th.
Since we are taking that extra time, we are even earlier in the development process than a usual patch, and many bugs are still being identified and evaluated. We will list here the most important “known issues” that we are looking into for 5.24, as well as the few fixes we already have planned. This list will expand as we get closer to 5.24.”
- PC Players can now sort by God Class in the drop down menu in the Match Lobby.
- Added a “Ban Button” for PC players that they will need click after selecting a god to ban in ranked and custom modes.
- Fixed an issue where some practice queues weren't properly labeled as “Practice”.
- Adjusted the text of her passive ability to make it clear that mana is restored, and health is healed.
Top issues we are aware of and looking into for 5.24 fixes
- Muting issues on consoles
- Trading Gods issues
- Party issues
- Ranked wins
- Wins are all counted, we will be running a backend script soon to fix.
“Arachne excels at finding isolated prey and shredding them down quickly. While this allows her to perform very well at normal levels of play, high ranked and competitive players are much harder to find alone and away from ally assistance. We want to give her something that will help her ability to team fight as well as her ability to dive the enemy backline.
Night Crawler will now create a large web on the area where Arachne lands, slowing enemies on the field and granting her the same benefits as the Web trail from her Web ability. Enemies will be forced to disperse or fight in Arachne's domain.”
- Night Crawler
- Arachne now creates a 25 unit radius area of Web that lasts for 5s wherever she lands. Enemies in this area are slowed by 25% and Arachne gains 40% Movement Speed and is immune to slows while on the web.
- Overlaying Webs from Night Crawler and her third ability “Web” do not stack in intensity.
“Hel's Switch Stance is a powerful ability, providing a large amount of passive stats that she shares with her team. Especially at level 5, we want to ensure placing a point into this ability is a powerful option, on par with furthering one of her core abilities. Additionally this will help Hel in both her offensive and support oriented playstyles, without adding additional burst damage or healing that may be frustrating.”
- Switch Stances
- Increased Dark Stance Power self buff from 20/30/40/50/60 to 30/40/50/60/70.
- Increased Dark Stance Power aura from 10/15/20/25/30 to 15/20/25/30/35.
- Increased Light Stance Protection self buff from 5/10/15/20/25 to 13/16/19/22/25.
- Increased Light Stance Protection aura from 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5 to 6.5/8/9.5/11/12.5.
- Updated tooltips to correctly state what aura buffs are being applied.
“Susano's Typhoon had a large cast time making it easy to disrupt and forcing Susano players to refire the ability. This created situations where the ability felt clunky and limited Susano's ability to respond to Crowd Control. We are removing the cast time of Typhoon to help alleviate this issues and help his kit flow better between abilities.”
- Adjusted the pre-fire time on this ability so that the Typhoon starts deploying immediately upon fire. This will cause the Typhoon to reach its fully charged state sooner.
“In Season 5 we have kept a close eye on Thor, giving him some love to help him better compete with the roster of Junglers. While the changes to his 1 have helped, we want to ensure he fills his niche well. Thor brings ranged poke and CC to a fight, and can then tactically choose to engage or flee. No other Assassins have a ranged stun and this advantage should be leveraged by teams as much as possible. By reducing the mana cost and cooldown of Tectonic Rift, he will have more chances to use his unique strength on the battleground.”
- Tectonic Rift
- Decreased Mana cost from 75 to 60 at all ranks.
- Decreased Cooldown from 17s to 17/16.5/16/15.5/15s.
“In this patch we wanted to look at Xing Tian, a powerful god that has issues with a few abilities that make him feel underwhelming. Furious Roar brings powerful anti-basic utility, but with a scaling duration it was difficult to ever feel this strength in the laning phase. We have now made the damage duration a consistent 4 seconds and tuned the damage and debuff to make sense for this increased duration at early ranks.
Whirlwind of Rage and Steel that brings a lot to a fight but can suffer from feeling underwhelming. A Whirlwind of Rage and Steel should not stop damaging enemies just because they have cleansed themselves. Players still inside the radius of this ability while he is channeling will take damage. Additionally, Xing Tian will move faster while channeling, allowing him more opportunities to catch unsuspecting enemies and keep up with enemies stuck inside the Whirlwind.”
- Furious Roar
- Increased duration from 1/2/3/4/4s to 4s at all ranks.
- Decreased % Damage Done from Basic Attacks from 30/35/40/45/50% to 20/27.5/35/42.5/50%.
- Decreased % Damage per tick from 3% per second to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% per second.
- Total damage difference is 3/6/9/12/12% to 4/6/8/10/12%.
- Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
- Now deals damage to enemies in the radius even if they have cleansed the grab.
- Increased Movement Speed while channeling this ability by 25%.