SMITE Version 5.13.4890
5.13 - Mid-Season | July 24, 2018
- 1 5.13 - Mid-Season | July 24, 2018
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Project Olympus
- 1.4 Game Modes
- 1.5 Map Changes
- 1.6 Misc.
- 1.7 Bug Fixes
- 1.8 Item Balance
- 1.8.1 Mask Tree (New Items!)
- 1.8.2 Elixir of Power
- 1.8.3 Elixir of Defense
- 1.8.4 Soul Reaver
- 1.8.5 Ethereal Staff
- 1.8.6 Book of Thoth
- 1.8.7 Book of the Dead
- 1.8.8 Sorcerer's Staff
- 1.8.9 Warlock's Staff
- 1.8.10 Typhon's Fang
- 1.8.11 Bancroft's Talon
- 1.8.12 Restored Artifact
- 1.8.13 Chronos' Pendant
- 1.8.14 Rod of Asclepius
- 1.8.15 Rod of Healing
- 1.8.16 Oni Hunter's Garb
- 1.8.17 Midgardian Mail
- 1.8.18 Silverbranch Bow
- 1.8.19 Toxic Blade
- 1.8.20 Stone Cutting Sword
- 1.8.21 Poisoned Star
- 1.8.22 Wind Demon
- 1.8.23 Spectral Armor
- 1.8.24 Warrior's Blessing
- 1.8.25 Shifter's Shield
- 1.8.26 Sundering Spear
- 1.8.27 Sundering Spear Upgrade
- 1.9 God Balance
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- Plushie Ganesha
- Half-life Baron Samedi
- Nightbane Jing Wei
- Hellscape Cernunnos
- Geek Beak Thoth
- Pup Patrol Cerberus
- Cherrybomb Sol
“While SMITE is about a brutal clash between gods, it is important to focus on the environment and interactions between our players they experience every day. Games at their core are for fun, and nothing can put a damper on that quicker than someone who is creating a negative environment.
Earlier this year we ramped up our player punishment systems, putting an increased focus and creating tools to identify players that needed a warning or ban to keep the game a more friendly and welcoming environment. This works, but it isn’t all we can be doing.
We are ramping up our focus towards saying thank you to our users who keep SMITE a positive experience every day! These rewards are handed out both monthly and yearly to players who positively contribute to make SMITE a friendly community!”
- SMITE is adding a Commendation System, allowing players to give praise to players who as strong guides, show great teamwork, or are just plain friendly! Each Month players will gain points from players commending them for their positive actions or from just playing with 100% Goodwill!
- 300 Points
- Team Skin Booster
- 450 Points
- Triumphant Champion Chest
- 600 Points
- Triumphant Godlike Chest
- Players will be able to vote on players directly after their match on a new End of Match Lobby screen. This page will also provide fun stats for your team, showing who was Top Damage, Top Wards Placed, Top Damage Mitigated, and much more!
- Players who remain unbanned for the entire year will receive bonus rewards when the Season ends.
- Baron Samedi Skin
- Comradery Loading Frame
- Goodwill Jump Stamp
- Baron Chibi Avatar
- Goodwill Global Emote
- Players actions during the course of the game are more closely tracked, allowing us to identify players who may be taking away from a positive gameplay experience. If our system detects a case where a user may be reportable we will prompt users in that match to provide additional information and report.
- Additionally, we will take the information gathered to better inform our internal data metrics allowing us to tackle behavior issues more effectively.
- Players who abuse the VGS system during a game may have their ability to VGS restricted, lowering the amount of times they can use commands and how long they will need to wait before being allowed to use VGS again.
Goodwill System Revamp
- Goodwill have been revamped to better reflect users who are being a positive experience while protecting those users from players who may report out of spite in an effort to reset them to 0%.
- Goodwill now provides protection against single instances of negative behavior or reports.
- Goodwill is now gained more gradually after completing games and when players commend you.
- Goodwill rewards have also been adjusted.
- Reduced Favor bonus at maximum goodwill from 30% to 15%.
- Added a 15% bonus to FP gains from matches at Maximum Goodwill.
- Games played at Maximum Goodwill contribute towards the monthly rewards in the Player Commendation system.
Increased Hi-Rez Support Presence
- Our internal support team is ramping up its process for punishing players who fall into our criteria for “negative behavior”.
- More punishments will be sent out more often on a weekly basis.
“A major feature console users have requested is the ability to modify elements of their HUD to fit their style. We looked to tackle the most requested move option first, allowing us to better focus on Consoles specific need in features like this but also gain metrics of how features like this are used. Players will now be able to move their minimap around, change its size, and adjust its opacity.”
Minimap HUD Editor
- Console players can now adjust the mini map on their HUD through the options menu.
- Change its position on screen.
- Change its size.
- Changes its transparency level.
- Fountains now tick more quickly and for smaller amounts while healing allies or dealing damage to enemies.
- Fountains have new particle FX on damage and heal.
- Fountains no longer affected by anti heal.
- Players exiting the fountain will retain the fountain healing effect for an additional 1s.
“It is time for SMITE to make some drastic changes to how our matchmaking is done. We had this process a long time ago and while we had good reasons for changing it, its time we brought it back. In 5.13 all queues will use a Timed Queue system. This system does have some pros and some cons. It is not necessarily a perfect change but it will have a few key improvements to the Matchmaking system.
It will better handle players at the extreme top or bottom skill levels.
It will group players up into larger pools as we make some modes have longer times than others.
It will allow players to better manage their IRL tasks because they know exactly how long they have until their game starts.
The Normal matchmaking we had in seasons 2-5 works well for average players, but we have a lot of exceptionally skilled players that need more focus on matchmaking.
The best result of this system is that timed queues + solo only ranked will ensure that every ranked conquest queue will have the top 10 players in the same match. Always.”
- All Normal and Ranked game modes will be changed to a “Timed Queue” system.
- Timed Queues will show a constant countdown timer that indicates when the next match of that mode will begin.
- Players can see all timers for all modes at all times, allowing them to make decisions accordingly.
- When the timer reaches 0, all players in the queue will be sent a prompt to accept the match.
- Matchmaking will be done after accepting, so there is no penalty to declining the queue pop.
- The matchmaking will occur during a 20s period after accepting.
All Ranked Modes
“For this split we want to make Ranked a more enjoyable experience. One primary way to do this is to protect normal players from problem players, and to punish those problem players more harshly. We will be making adjustments to the early surrender system and adding in a TP protection system to players don't feel like their rank is unfairly changed by things outside of their control.”
- Ranked Conquest, Joust, and Duel have been soft reset to begin the Fall Split.
- Ranked Rewards have been updated.
- Early Surrender conditions have been changed. Players will now be able to surrender before 10 minutes if a player Disconnects and within the first 3 minutes and has not returned.
- For all Ranked Modes, if an early surrender occurs, the following will happen (ONLY occur if a team successfully surrenders before 10m).
- Active players on the losing team will lose 0 TP.
- The disconnected player will lose 2x the full TP amount they would have lost if the match finished normally.
- The enemy winning team will win 0.5x the full TP amount they would have lost if the match finished normally.
“This change is closely related to the Timed Queue mode. Combining these two aspects has the highest chance of increasing the quality of ranked games”
- This mode has been changed to be Solo only. Parties of no sizes are allowed.
- Parties of up to 3 will continue to be allowed on this mode.
- Surrender time changed from 10m to 5m.
“Joust continues to be one of the most popular modes in SMITE! We want to make calculated tweaks to this mode to add some interesting gameplay without changing things too drastically. As a popular mode for new players we put a lot of effort into make the tower areas more visually distinct. Although this mode has a lot of fighting, there are some times where players would just be looking at each other in lane. The new additional XP camp should remedy that, and also allow for more team strats or comps to enter the mode. Bull Demon King is a relatively easy jungle boss, so we are making him a little harder to kill to prevent runaway victories.”
- Jousts Tower and Phoenix areas have been updated for better visual clarity.
- A new XP camp has been added to the Joust map. It is located just outside the Bull Demon King's area.
- This Camp contains 2 Armored Tigers.
- These have 400 HP each.
- Provide 50 XP when killed (100 total).
- Provide 13 Gold when killed (26 total).
- Bull Demon King
- Increased Base HP from 1400 to 1750.
“Arena's design is tried and true, so we don't plan on making any large changes. While working on the Inner Demon Arena we created a lot of new features to help with the overall visual clarity and quality of life on the mode. We are adding in UI prompts that look like XP/Gold gains to show tickets taken from enemies. We also are updating the UI art of the HUD to better show when juggernauts will spawn. Arena historically had constantly running respawn timers. This meant that even if your team was ahead, you had a random chance for a VERY low respawn time. We are changing this to be more consistent. Teams ahead will always have longer respawn times than teams behind. We are keeping the Arena rules where only the first player who dies on a team gets the longest time, then the entire team spawns together.”
- Players will now see ticket value effects when Minions and Gods are killed, or when something is run into the portal.
- Updated the HUD.
- Respawn Timer rules have been changes to be less random and should be more directly scaled with which team is winning or losing.
- The Arena Update is coming later this fall! This will be mostly an art update with some minor design changes. Keep an eye out for more info as we approach HRX!
“Clash is a fast paced mode with mostly team fighting combined with objectives. The mode is meant to be quick and exciting, but it has a tendency to stall out in the late game. The changes made today revolve around the goal of making sure the game ends at a reasonable time. The Phoenixes were a cool experiment, but they ultimately just caused confusion and were more difficult to react to. These constant beams felt like zero damage, or way too much damage. Apophis' buff also only had aggressive stats and no regeneration. This led teams to be forced back to base too often when they should be winning the game.”
- Now attack like normal phoenixes.
- Shadow of Apophis buff and Enhanced Shadow of Apophis buff
- Now Heals 4% of your max HP every 5s and restores 2% of your Mana every 5s.
- Decreased the damage on Apophis' entrance attack from 2000 to 1500.
“Assault is a great change of pace from the other modes in SMITE. The randomness and extreme focus on fighting give it a unique feel. We have a lot of ideas bouncing around the studio for Assault, but we want to take our time in implementing them. For now we are only making one change that doubles down on assaults random fun. Players will now be able to roll ANY god in the game in Assault, regardless if they own them!”
- Assault will now randomly select a god from ALL gods, instead of just the player's owned gods.
“Overall we feel that Season 5 Conquest has been a huge success. We have solved many problems from the past seasons including snowballing, excessive grouping up, and lack of defined roles. The art of the map looks great and the SPL meta has had great diversity in strategies and god picks.
One key problem with the map has been the impact of the Duo lane. Pro players have learned to adapt quite well but the general playerbase finds that the Support player is often too far behind the rest of the team. We wanted to implement a subtle rule to fix this and make sure that rule was exceedingly hard to abuse. In 5.13 the lowest player on each team will get bonus shared XP. We did this because it is guaranteed to only affect one player, and in large majority of scenarios it will only help the support.
We did not want to put it on Guardian's blessing because this opens up many easy ways to exploit the item. We could easily see a group-up meta with many copies of this because extra XP is that powerful.
We made it shared XP because this is intended only for support. It is not intended to simply help out anyone who falls behind. If other lanes fall behind they will have to change their playstyle to make use of this bonus. The bonus is not so intense that anyone could feed or troll and use it to make a quick comeback. Its intentionally subtle.
If this works as intended, the strategy of positions on Conquest shouldn't change much. Support players should find themselves slightly less behind than before, assuming everyone is playing well.
PTS feedback and gameplay will be very important to us as we implement this feature. It's very likely that we will need to make some tweaks to the system in 5.14 or beyond, but we want to make sure Supports know we appreciate them in SMITE!
We also slightly nerfed Mid and Jungle XP in the Elder Harpy changes to address some concerns around Mid and Jungle having the highest impact, and we made pretty heavy adjustments to all jungle buffs to make them more interactive. Each buff focuses on active participation in its effect rather than being purely passive.”
- Map Rules
- Support Bonus XP
- After 2m on the game clock, Support Bonus XP will turn on.
- This rule will give the Lowest level player on each team a 25% increase to their shared XP only, not solo XP.
- This means a 2 way split, yielding 120% XP, would yield 60% to the higher level player and 60 * 1.25 = 75% to the lower player.
- If the lowest level player on a team is disconnected, the bonus XP will move to the 2nd lowest player.
- Minion AI
- Minions that have already chosen a target will not change targets unless their current target dies, leaves radius, or an enemy god draws their aggro.
- Elder Harpy
- Base XP reduced from 34 to 24.
- This affects mid camp x2 and back camps x1.
- Decreased base HP from 680 to 500.
- Jungle Buff Changes
- These will not carry over to other game modes.
- Speed Buff
- Decreased Speed Buff from 15% to 10%.
- Buff now applies additional stacks of 2% speed on each jungle camp kill/assist. Stacks up to 3 times, stacks last 15s.
- Red Buff
- Decreased Power Increase from 20% to 10%.
- This Power Bonus increases from 10% to 15% when hitting enemy gods.
- Purple Buff
- For each enemy god past the first within 55 units of you, all enemies within that area will lose additional protections. 2 protection per stack, stacks up to 4 times.
- 1 enemy = 10 prot debuff on all enemies
- 2 enemies = 12 prot debuff on all enemies
- 3 enemies = 14 prot debuff on all enemies
- 4 enemies = 16 prot debuff on all enemies
- 5 enemies = 18 prot debuff on all enemies
- Note: This Protection Shred can stack if 2 players on your team have the purple buff. This has always been the case, but we are just reminding everyone.
- Blue Buff
- Decreased Mana Restored from 25 to 15 per 5s.
- Now restores 2% of your missing mana upon damaging a god with an ability, only triggers once per ability.
Jungle Practice Map
“This map is for all the tinkerers and theorycrafters out there! Jungle Practice is some players best friends, and others completely ignore it, but we want to make sure those visionaries out there have a proper place to test. This map isn't really a true game mode but we know people will be excited for the update. Not only is it getting a full art and character update, its getting a ton of new features to help players test!”
- The map has been completely Updated!
- Features all Season 5 Environment Art and Characters.
- Up to 5 players can join the map together.
- New Center Pads with new functions
- Set Level 20
- Jump right to level 20 instantly!
- CD Reduction + Mana Regen
- Gives 80% CDR and very fast MP5.
- God Mode
- Locks your HP at 100%, regardless of how much damage you take.
- Stack Items
- Step on this to increase all your stacking items to full stacks.
- New Testing Areas
- God Bots
- Now choose from a selection of AI controlled gods to fight against.
- Buff Camps
- Now select which Conquest jungle camp you would like to test against.
- Towers and Phoenixes
- Test your builds vs structures.
- Free Fight
- An open blank space for you and a friend to spar in.
- New Features in old zones
- Odin Bots
- Added a new area set up with a series of ranges and radius indicators to better feel out the size of your attacks.
- There are now multiple Odin Bots to test on.
- Three bots at different base levels
- A moving bot
- Minion Waves
- Step on a pad to change the minions stats to match a certain timeframe on the Conquest map (make them tankier).
- Center Area
- Reduced the size of the “fountain” to the more direct center of the map.
- Can now Sell Relics and buy new ones.
- Can now Sell Blessings and buy new ones.
- Many Conquest NPCs had no icon for the damage they were dealing. Icons have been added for all of these attacks for the Combat Log (T) Screen and Death Recap Screen.
- Added accolade art for killing the Pyromancer and a notification in Spectator Mode to show who killed it.
- Updated the UI Art for killing Gold Fury, Fire Giant, or Pyromancer.
- Updated the team-colored FX to show which team killed neutral camps.
- New additions to the Awesome Chest
- Plushie Artio
- New additions to the Godlike Chest
- Reaper Tech Thanatos
- Heaven's Arrow Hou Yi
- Primal Shaman Ganesha
Fantasy Points Store
- New additions to the Fantasy Points Store
- Such Cold Skadi
- SPF 666 The Morrigan
- Peacekeeper Athena
- Fixed issues where Voice Chat would sometimes not work or not show that people were talking.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on Victory/Defeat Screen. The longest players should ever see this screen now is 20. This may seem long but this issue occurs when a server disconnect occurs, and that time is spent to ensure the match is counted towards your progress.
- Fixed an issue where Daily Rewards showed the wrong visuals.
- Pressing the Esc button while in chat will exit you from chat, and will not bring up the options menu.
- Fixed an Issue where the Minimap on the Clash Queue screen was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the social media share buttons on end of match lobby weren't working sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to view a players profile from the Clan screen wouldn't work.
- Clan tag toggle setting will now work immediately on the next game played.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes TP gained or lost in previous matches would show up in Normal Matches.
- Spectator mode on Consoles should no longer get stuck after picks and bans.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when viewing the Friends list.
- Fixed an issue where players can't log out of the game after playing the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where the Ability Screen would become broken in size/scale if using the console home button while it was up.
- Fixed an issue where boosters, clan invites, clan join, and achievement notifications had no Icon art.
- Fixed an issue where player profiles wouldn't fully load in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where logging into different accounts on the same console would show the wrong amount of accumulated fantasy points.
- Fixed an issue where closing the game while in a custom match could get other players in that match stuck.
- Made text on each Queue Mode easier to read.
- Fixed an issue where Jackal Tech skin first ability FX could get stuck in place in the world.
- Fixed an issue where Jackal Tech VGS would stop working.
- Fixed an issue where he would randomly T pose in lobby.
- Fixed an issue where Izanami's self buff ability Icon would not glow like other self buffs. This should glow when the ability doesn't go on cooldown until the duration finishes, which this ability does.
- Sol's Sweet Tooth skin has had her Ability audio adjusted to be more consistent in volume and hearing range.
- Thoth's Vizier Skin and Star Scribe Skin have had their Ultimate Ability audio adjusted to be more consistent in volume and hearing range.
- Fixed an issue where spamming the jump action could interfere with his leap ability.
Mask Tree (New Items!)
“Masks are a new type of item coming to SMITE. Items normally only provide benefits, but Masks are different. Masks allow players to trade off important stats like Movement Speed, Damage, or Defenses in favor of boosting another one of those three stats. The way these stats are traded make a triangle. Damage Done is traded for Damage Mitigated. Damage Mitigated is traded for Movement Speed. Movement Speed is traded for Damage Done. This allows classes to essentially shift themselves. Warriors can become more guardian like by trading damage done for extra mitigation or can become more assassin like by trading survivability for Movement Speed.
These items provide an exciting level of customization in SMITE, allowing players to really express their playstyle while allowing high end players some fun options to really shake things up.”
- Each Player may only have 1 Mask at a time in their build
- 50 Health.
- 50 Mana.
- Builds from Mask.
- 50 Health.
- 15 Magical Protections.
- 15 Physical Protections.
- 10% Crowd Control Reduction.
“Lono's Mask is a defensive mask, allowing players to stack on the damage mitigation at the cost of their own damage output. With reduced crowd control reduction and a large amount of mitigation players can become walls for their team but will need to utilize it well or risk not contributing to the team.”
- Builds from Protector's Mask.
- 100 Health.
- 50 Magical Protections.
- 50 Physical Protections.
- 20% Crowd Control Reduction.
- -25% Damage Dealt.
- +15% Damage Mitigation.
Messenger's Mask – Tier 2
- Builds from Mask.
- 10 Physical Power.
- 30 Magical Power.
- 10% Movement Speed.
- 10% Cooldown Reduction.
Bumba's Mask – Tier 3
“Bumba's Mask is a mobility mask, allowing players to gain a large burst of speed and Cooldown Reduction at the cost of taking increased damage. Players will need to utilize this increased mobility to avoid getting caught and damaged, lest they die very quickly.”
- Builds from Messenger's Mask.
- 20 Physical Power.
- 50 Magical Power.
- 20% Cooldown Reduction.
- +10% Damage Taken.
- -10% Damage Dealt.
- +35% Movement Speed.
- Builds from Mask.
- 10 Penetration.
- 20 Physical Power.
- 50 Magical Power.
“Rangda's Mask is the offensive mask, allowing players to deal a ton of damage at the cost of taking increased damage.”
- Builds from Fighter's Mask.
- 15 Penetration.
- 35 Physical Power.
- 70 Magical Power.
- +25% Damage taken.
- +15% Ability Damage.
- +20% Basic Attack Damage.
“Elixirs are getting an identity upgrade. For 3,000 gold they really signify a game that has reached the super late stages. We are giving them some buffs so teams that can get to them really feel their power and can use them to close out games. Elixirs are no longer lost on death and allow you to deal more damage to or take less damage from structures. Their duration has also increased a full minute, allowing players to really get a lot of power for their gold.”
- Elixir of Power is no longer removed on death.
- While Elixir of Power is active, you deal 25% additional damage to structures.
- Duration increased from 300s to 360s.
- Elixir of Defense is no longer removed on death.
- While Elixir of Defense is active, you take 25% decreased damage from structures.
- Duration increased from 300s to 360s.
“Soul Reaver has always struggled to feel balanced and fair to fight. It is often build and meta defining or left behind. The burst made it difficult to play around and frustrating. Ethereal Staff somewhat solved this problem, allowing for a much more sustained damage output that helped deal with tanks and provide additional burst to squishies. As a result, Soul Reaver is inheriting Ethereal Staffs passive (while retaining its offensive stat spread) and having the internal cooldown of the item removed.”
- The passive for Soul Reaver has been changed. It now has Ethereal Staff's passive.
- PASSIVE – Your abilities deal an additional 2% of the targets maximum Health as Magical Damage. If the target has over 2000 Health, your ability bonus damage scales up. This effect reaches a maximum of 8% Maximum Health damage at 2750 Health.
“And since Soul Reaver now has Ethereal Staff's passive, Ethereal Staff is getting a new one! Ethereal Staff is a more defensive item in nature, providing strong defensive stats. We are looking to highlight that strength by allowing it to steal Maximum Mana and Maximum Health from enemy target, taking from them and making it your own. The buff and debuff last for 45s but with only a 15s internal cooldown allows the wielder to steal multiple targets stats, really amping up their own.”
- The passive for Ethereal Staff has been redesigned.
- PASSIVE – Whenever you damage an enemy god you steal 8% maximum mana as well as 4% maximum health from the target. The Stats remain stolen for 45s and targets affected can have multiple Buffs and Debuffs at once. This can only occur once every 15 seconds.
“Book of Thoth is the first of a few items that focus on building mana. Book of Thoth has been most effective when bought immediately, which was strange for an item with significant stacks. Its cost, magical power, mana, and amount of mana converted when evolved have all been updated to really focus on the mana it brings and the conversion of mana to power after it is fully stacked.”
- Increased Cost from 2650 to 2800.
- Decreased Magical Power from 100 to 80.
- Increased Mana from 125 to 250.
- Increased Mana conversion from 3% to 5% when it evolves.
“Book of the Dead is also seeing a shift to benefit more from total mana, providing a stronger heal and having it trigger at a lower health threshold. This more potent shield can really activate when needed and keep a player alive. It is however losing the base health it provides, focusing on the defensiveness when triggered rather than all the time.”
- Book of the Dead no longer provides Health.
- The shield now calculates based on your total mana, not current mana.
- Increased Passive Mana Shield from 15% to 20%.
- Lowered Health threshold for Passive trigger 50% to 40%.
- Decreased Mana from 175 to 100.
“Warlock's Staff is a powerful staple in defensive builds, and in early Season 5 its pairing with Book of the Dead made mages quite tanky. With the new focus on these mana items, Warlock's Staff providing 400 mana would allow it to really effectively synergize with these items, limiting the power we could give them.”
- Decreased Mana from 400 to 200.
“Typhon's Fang was adjusted early on in Season 5 and didn't get a chance to shine, falling to the wayside in many lifesteal focused builds. We are tweaking the amount of base power provided but really ramping up the amount of power granted based on total lifesteal to really let it shine as the final item in a lifesteal focused build.”
- Reduced Magical Power from 100 to 80.
- Increased bonus Magical Power from your lifesteal total from an equal amount to twice the amount.
“Bancroft's Talon provides a large amount of power and a good amount of sustain for a reasonable price, making it a staple in many builds. For its cost it was too effective in all scenarios, so its costing is going up. Players who need the lifesteal of power at low health can still rely on it, but it will be more situational than it is now.”
- Increased Cost from 2400 to 2500.
- Decreased MP5 from 20 to 15.
“Chronos Pendant has become a strong pickup, with a large amount of power and the ability to break Cooldown Reduction cap. We are bringing down the Magical Power and MP5 to make it less potent in all builds, while still keeping its core strength as a major Cooldown Reduction item.”
- Decreased Magical Power from 100 to 90.
- Decreased MP5 from 25 to 20.
“Rod of Healing and Rod of Asclepius are getting a small rules change. The bonus healing previously affected all forms of healing, allowing its usability to vary heavily based on amount of potions active, amount of lifesteal, or if a team had the Fire Giant buff. We are changing it to only work on Healing abilities, making when to pick up more focused on having that strong healer oriented composition.”
- The Bonus Healing provided now only increases healing from abilities.
- This effect no longer provides a bonus to potions, lifesteal, or health restoring buffs like the Fire Giant.
- The Bonus Healing provided now only increases healing from abilities.
- This effect no longer provides a bonus to potions, lifesteal, or health restoring buffs like the Fire Giant.
“Oni Hunter's Garb has struggled. When picked up it fails to make enough of an impact to really protect the wearer, especially when compared to more traditional defensive choices. The damage mitigation per stack is being increased from 2% to 3%, giving it the extra defenses to help keep its wearer alive.”
- Increased damage mitigation per stack from 2% to 3%.
“Midgardian Mail has been strong since the removal of its randomness, providing a strong and consistent counter to basic attackers. With its rise we saw it picked up even without basic attack focused gods, and when picked to counter them getting significantly stronger. Counter items are healthy and allow players to even the tables, but Midgardian Mail was too effective. We are increasing its cost slightly while toning down the passive slow per stack.”
- Increased Cost from 2250 to 2300.
- Decreased Movement Speed Slow and Attack Speed slow from 10% to 8% per stack.
“Silverbranch Bow is the Attack Speed item, providing the highest amount on a single item for a relatively cheap cost. The buff only lasting for 3s limited how strong this effect could be, often dropping off before being able to really chain it into multiple fights. We are increasing the duration to help it feel more impactful more often.”
- Increased Attack Speed buff duration from 3s to 6s.
“Anti-heal items have become quite potent, allowing for players to trade being perfectly optimal for utility against healers. While Brawler's Beatstick, Divine Ruin, and Pestilice have found solid balance point; Toxic Blade has struggled. We are increasing its overall damage output with a bump to its attack speed, allowing this to better fill a role in Basic Attack builds.”
- Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 30%.
“Midgardian Mail has limited basic attack gods (especially melee), but they struggled even before that item had its adjustments. Stone Cutting Sword being melee only allows us to target help those characters. We are lowering the cost to make it a solid choice for Melee Basic Attackers when they consider all their possible options.”
- Decreased cost from 2600 to 2500g.
“Poisoned Star has become one of the most commonly built crit items in pro play. Decreasing your opponents damage output can be even more potent than increasing your own, and can affect multiple targets. We are decreasing this passive slightly so opponents fighting against the poison won't feel so weakened by the effect.”
- Decreased damage reduction and slow from 20% to 15%.
“Attack Speed and Crit are a dangerous combo, but Wind Demon has been outclassed by similar DPS items. It still has quite a strong set of stats and a powerful passive so we are only adjusting the cost to help it compete with similar items vying for the same build slot.”
- Decreased from 2800g to 2700g.
“Spectral Armor is an incredibly strong counter item. We often make many adjustments to counter items to make sure their counter potential comes at a cost. Spectral Armor isn't popular, but when purchased it does its job of negating crit damage a little too well, so we are decreasing that aspect of it.”
- Increased bonus damage taken from crits from 50% to 60%.
“Warrior's Blessing was often regarded as the weakest blessing in 5.1. We buffed it in reaction to this feedback, and also once we saw it in use we realized how strong it was. As a result the Solo lane has become a little too safe. We are giving this item 2 solid nerfs to its sustain and safety. Solo laners should have some more options in builds and more early kill opportunities in 5.13.”
- Decreased Health from 100 to 75.
- Decreased Heal and Mana Restore on trigger from 40 to 30.
“Shifter's Shield is a powerful item that is mostly overlooked. We are giving it a slight buff to its cost to help players work it into builds and hopefully realize its real power.”
- Decreased Cost from 2500g to 2400g.
“Relic balance is at a very strong position currently, with many relics fighting for top spots. A few more relics are in a solid mid-tier position with situational uses. Only one Relic really feels way below the rest: Sunder. After it defined the meta for a short period of time and caused a lot of frustration it was hit with some heavy nerfs. We have brought this item back incrementally and feel its in a safe spot. To give it a little more oomph we are decreasing its cooldown to be lower than the average relics, which matches its unique skillshot usage well.”
- Reduced Cooldown from 140s to 110s.
- Reduced Cooldown from 140s to 110s.
“The focus for Ah Puch is to help his viability at competitive levels of play while keeping his overall strength in other modes in a reasonable place. One of the limiting factors for Ah Puch is his need to really dump his whole kit to kill early waves. Undead Surge will now always deploy 2 zombies, giving him more direct clear when combined with Corpse Explosion. It also gives him earlier access to two corpses to consume with his passive.
Empty the Crypts will now persist after death and will now go through all walls, structures, and players. Not only will this help him contribute from the grave but we are also giving this ability anti-heal. Combined with Fleeting Breath Ah Puch really carves himself out as an anti-healing mage giving him a strong identity.”
- Undead Surge
- Increased Zombies Thrown from 1/1/2/2/2 to 2 at all ranks.
- Increased Cooldown from 10 to 12.
- Empty the Crypts
- Enemies hit by this have a 20% healing reduction applied. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts 5s.
- The damaging spirits now pass through all walls, structures, and players.
- Empty the Crypts now persists after Ah Puch dies.
“Anubis' mana costs really restrict his ability to stay out and fight during the mid and late game. Combined with his strong lifesteal this should really make his limiting factor his ability to survive and less about his mana costs.”
- Plague of Locusts
- Mana cost decreased from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Grasping Hands
- Mana cost decreased from 70/80/90/100/110 to 70/75/80/85/90.
- Across The Sky
- Fixed his description not saying this ability applied a knock up on landing.
“Artemis is the first of the gods on their list having their Critical Strike passives reworked to remove random early crits. Still Target has been changed to no longer provide additional Critical Strike change, but to deal bonus basic attack damage to targets afflicted by Crowd Control. Not only can teammates provide this CC, her Transgressor's Fate, Vengeful Assault, and trusty Tusky allow her to provide this benefit for herself.”
- Still Target
- Artemis' Basic Attacks deal 30% more damage to Enemy minions and 15% to enemy Gods if they are affected by Crowd Control. Does not include Knockbacks, Blinds, or Grabs. (Critical strikes on these targets deal 130/160%)
“Bakasura is also undergoing a large amount of tweaks. While his abilities largely function the same, we have focused on increasing the synergy between his own kit. Additionally we are giving him additional tools to let him contribute to his team and fight more effectively when away from minions.
Take Down now provides a % increase on all damage dealt to the target he lands on. Not only does this help his allied magic damage dealers, but now allows his True damage to receive a bump in damage. Eat Minion will now lock Bakasura out for a shorter amount of time, letting him get back to chomping on his enemies more quickly. He is also allowed to eat his own regurgitated minions (gross, I know) which will let him get the heal and protections, or extend his passive, while away from a source of minions.
Regurgitate is also getting a projectile speed increase, letting it deploy on enemies more quickly. If a target needs to be slowed or crippled he can more reliably bring that strength to the table.”
- Take Down
- This ability no longer decreases Physical protection of enemies hit by it.
- This ability now causes enemies hit by it to take 10% increased Damage from all sources.
- Eat Minion
- Decreased Post-fire animation time from .7s to .2s.
- This ability now places an additional targeter over targets that can be instantly devoured.
- Increase Projectile Speed from 80 to 120.
- Bakasura may now choose to eat his own minion pets from this ability. Gross.
“A few nerfs were not enough to stop Baron Samedi's party. While the changes in 5.12 now have him functioning as intended and brought his overall performance down, he is still outperforming most other characters especially in damage. In this patch we are focused on reducing his overall damage to really let his utility be the star of his kit.
Vivid Gaze and Wrap it Up are seeing base and scaling nerfs, while the heal from Consign Spirits is being reduced slightly. We will continue to watch his overall performance and playstyle in the coming patches but this should put him in a solid spot for his Ranked debut.”
- The skull that appears to show a player is affected by Hysteria has now been offset to help players see while affected.
- Vivid Gaze
- Damage decreased from 80/130/180/230/280 to 60/105/150/195/240.
- Scaling decreased from 70% to 60%.
- Consign Spirits
- Decreased Heal from +15% of a target's missing health to 12.5%.
- Wrap It Up
- Changed Slow to Root to a new CC term, Ramp to Root. The ramp up to the root is considered a root for all CC immunity purposes and if it is cleansed it will result in the full root not applying.
- Decreased damage over time and Hysteria AoE duration from 4s to 2.5 to match the Ramp to Root FX.
- This causes the overall damage this ability deals to go from 80/144/208/272/336 (+40% of your Magical Power) to 50/90/130/170/210 (+25% of your Magical Power).
- Increased Base Mana from 215 to 240.
“Chang'e has really risen in power as players value her pressure, anti-healing, and teamfight ultimate, especially in the Pro League. While it's great to see her succeeding her overall performance is on the high end. We are increasing the cooldown on Crescent Moon Dance and bringing down the base damage of Waxing Moon. Players will have more opportunity to aggress without getting poked back while Waxing Moon will be a little less damaging when thrown out.”
- Crescent Moon Dance
- Increased Cooldown from 5s to 6s.
- Waxing Moon
- Decreased Ult Damage from 160/235/310/385/460 to 160/225/290/355/420.
“As mentioned in Baron Samedi's changes, Stop Time is seeing a slight rule change as well. “Slow To” was a confusing Crowd Control effect. While it had slow in the name, it wasn't mitigated by slow immunity or cleanses, and players with Stun (or Root immunity in Baron's case) felt it was strange to not break the overall effect with those immunities.”
- Stop Time
- Changed Slow to Stun to a new CC term, Ramp to Stun. The ramp up to the stun is considered a stun for all CC immunity purposes and if it is cleansed it will result in the full stun not applying.
“Cupid is a small god which resulted in his camera being quite low. This limited his field of view and his ability to see fights clearly. His camera height it being brought to that of a normal god to help him see a bit more clearly.”
- Increased Camera Height from 36 to 64 to give Cupid players a more consistent camera angle compared to other gods.
“Freya is getting a large rework on her passive and first two abilities. The goal for these changes is to even out her power so she isn't so binary. The way she can deal damage now is very 100% or 0% so we are giving her a new mechanic that separates her from the cast of ranged Magical carries, and keeps her overall identity for the current fans of Freya as a multi-role hybrid.
Freya's Pulse has been renamed Aurora Blades and now works as a toggle. When a point is put into it Freya's Melee attacks become empowered, dealing more damage. Freya can then toggle it on to gain Ranged Basic Attacks that pass through targets (stopping on gods) and inherit a smaller amount of the bonus damage. The catch is these ranged Basic Attacks take a large amount of Mana per shot, meaning this can only be sustained for so long before Freya needs to regenerate her Mana.
Luckily her new passive, Mystic Warrior, offers a quick way to do that. Freya's Melee attacks will restore 6% of her Missing Mana per attack, giving a quick way to restore Mana is Freya is willing to put herself at risk. In addition, Freya no longer has the bonus lifesteal but regenerates 2% of her Health each time she connects with a Ranged Basic Attack.
Finally, Irradiate has been replaced with Northern Lights. Freya empowers her next Basic Attack to deal bonus damage in an AoE and slow nearby targets. While it functions as a strong single stim for her Melee attacks, Ranged Attacks can trigger the damage and explosion on each target hit. Be careful when standing next to the Minion wave against Freya or it will be lights out!
Banish has remained unchanged. Whoop is a core ability to Freya's identity, allowing her to setup for her team and her own attacks. Valkyrie's Discretion also has the same functionality but has a small damage nerf to help her overall balance with these changes.”
- Mystic Warrior
- Brisingamen's Blessing has been reworked to Mystic Warrior.
- Freya's Melee Basic Attacks heal her for 6% of her Maximum Mana per successful hit. Freya's Ranged Basic Attacks and abilities heal for 2% of her Maximum Health per successful hit up to once per shot.
- Northern Lights
- Irradiate has been reworked to Northern Lights.
- Freya empowers her weapon making the next Basic Attack that hits an enemy within the next 5 seconds deal bonus magical damage in an area around each enemy hit. Enemies hit by the explosion are slowed for 2s. Minions take half damage from the explosion. Gods take 25% damage from any explosion damage after the first.
- Damage: 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% of your magical power)
- Slow: 25%
- Cooldown: 9s
- Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
- Aurora Blade
- Pulse has been reworked to Aurora Blade.
- Freya can switch between empowering her Melee attacks or shooting pass-through Ranged Basic Attacks that stop on gods. Both her Melee and Ranged Basic Attacks gain bonus Magical Damage. Ranged Basic Attacks do not deal bonus Magical Damage to minions. While toggled on, each Ranged Basic Attack drains Mana.
- Melee Bonus Damage: 28/40/52/64/76 (+20% of your magical power)
- Ranged Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of your magical power)
- Cooldown: .5s
- Cost: 25/33/41/49/57 per shot
- Valkyrie's Discretion
- Decreased Damage per Blast from 100/135/170/205/240 to 80/115/150/185/220.
- Decreased Magical Power Scaling per hit from 35% to 30%.
“Hades has undergone a large amount of reworks, and through those one major thing has changed. Blight is no longer removed. Previously we hesitated on placing any debuff on Blight as it was removed by his abilities. This could lead to situations where you don't want to use his cool abilities and blight interaction in fear of removing it. With that changed we can now place a debuff on Blight. As a point blank AoE mage, reducing the targets ability to deal damage back is a big boon to his overall survivability and what he can bring to a tank.”
- Now has a debuff effect that lowers the targets Magical or Physical Power by 5%.
“Hun Batz is trading in his Critical Strike passive for bonus basic attack damage after using an ability. Hun Batz players will have a familiar play style but with reliable damage. Additionally, Crit Hun Batz players can still benefit from building Critical Strike and the bonus damage is taken into account when he crits.
Outside of the passive change we are also giving him some quality of life buffs. Overhand Smash now has omni-movement (no movement penalty in any direction while he is firing) and Fear No Evil can be cast in walls, removing situations where he tries to cast the ult but is blocked due to his center area clipping some collision.”
- Infused Strikes
- This buff no longer provides 30% crit chance.
- This effect now causes Hun Batz' next successful basic attack to deal 20% more damage.
- Overhand Smash
- Hun Batz is no longer affected by directional movement penalties while this ability is firing.
- Fear no Evil
- Can now be deployed in walls, reducing the change of it failing to fire because it is clipping a wall.
“hrough the last few patches we have been looking at Basic Attack assassins. In this patch we have a few things to help (Stone Cutting Sword cost reduction, Midgardian Mail nerf) but wanted to help Kali on her base kit. Marked for Death will now provide a 20% heal if she doesn't manage to get the kill. In situations where the heal really matters, a small bonus could be the difference between chaining multiple kills or heading back to the fountain.”
- Marked for Death
- Increased heal on assist from 15% to 20%.
“Kukulkan has struggled to really make an impact in high level play. Slipstream is getting a major boost in speed in early ranks, helping him outposition his enemies. Spirit of the Nine Winds is also seeing a cooldown reduction. This powerful ability is well telegraphed and we feel bringing this to a fight more often is a solid strength Kukulkan can bring to a team.”
- Increased movement speed from 40/50/60/70/80% to 60/65/70/75/80%.
- Spirit Of The Nine Winds
- Decreased cooldown from 80s to 70s.
“Ne Zha is the last of the three Crit passives to be reworked. Ne Zha now gained bonus movement speed and power with his stacks, giving him even more mobility around the map and working well with his stim and high scaling ultimate.”
- Righteous Spirit
- Buff stacks no longer provide Critical Strike Chance.
- Buff stacks now provide 0.5% Movement Speed and 1 Physical Power per Stack, stacking up to 20 times.
“Rama's Astral Barrage ground target can occasionally get lost in the middle of a fight. We are updating the targeter to be more visible while giving relevant information at the same time.”
- Astral barrage
- Adjusted the FX for this targeter to help it remain visible to the player firing, while also conveying the amount of shots left.
“Ravana is reinventing himself as an Assassin! For years his playstyle has been aggressive and more jungle focused so his overall base stats and abilities are being updated to better balance him around this identity. For Base Stats he is trading defense for offense. Ten Hand Shadow Fist is also getting a Physical Power scaling bump while Overhead Kick is getting a cooldown nerf. Finally, Chain of Blows is being redesigned, allowing him to more quickly stack a defensive shield that if he can keep active really lets him zoom around.”
- Ravana is now an Assassin.
- Decreased base HP from 450 to 400.
- Decreased HP per level from 82 to 75.
- Increased base HP5 from 7 to 8.
- Increased HP5 per level from .63 to .7.
- Decreased base MP5 from 4.8 to 4.4.
- Decreased MP5 per level from .4 to .35.
- Decreased base Physical Protection from 16 to 13.
- Increased Basic Attack Power from 35 to 39.
- Increased Basic Attack Power per level from 2 to 2.2.
- Increased Attack Speed per level from 1 to 1.7.
- Chain of Blows
- Chain of Blows can now stack on damaging structures.
- Stacks are now gained per target hit.
- Ex: Ten Hand Shadow First can get multiple stacks for hitting a minion wave.
- Stacks now provide an 3% Movement Speed per stack. Stacks are lost when the shield is fully broken.
- Overhead Kick
- Decreased Cooldown from 20/18/16/14/12 to 18/17/16/15/14s.
- 10 Hand Shadow Fist
- Increased Physical Power Scaling from 55% to 70%.
“Serqet is very potent, especially as she can spend her gold on more utility focused items and still contribute massive damage to a fight. We are bringing down the damage from Catalyst and Last Breath to encourage more damage oriented builds. At the same time her Deathbane is getting a few fixes to ensure targets in the hit area take the appropriate amount of damage and we have updated the targeter to accurately reflect the abilities hitbox.”
- Decreased damage from consuming 3 poisons from 25% Maximum Health to 20%.
- Fixed an issue where targets inside the hit area for Deathbane would not take the full amount of hits they should.
- This abilities targeter has been updated to better show the areas where this ability hits. The actual hit area has not changed.
- Last Breath
- Decreased base damage from 210/330/450/570/690 to 200/310/420/530/640.
“Zhong Kui has come back in a big way. His ability to reliably stack and the protections he receives for keeping those stacks really allows him to be the up front damage dealer he is known for. While the changes have really helped him, he is now too safe for the amount of pressure he brings to a fight. We are reducing the amount of protections he receives from Demon Bag and toning down the stun duration on Book of Demons.”
- Demon Bag
- Decreased Protections per stack from 1 to 0.8.
- Book of Demons
- Decreased Stun duration from .7/.8/.9/1/1.1s to .6/.7/.8/.9/1s.