SMITE Version 4.20.4385
4.20 - Tides of China | October 24, 2017
- 1 4.20 - Tides of China | October 24, 2017
- 1.1 New God Skins
- 1.2 New Voice Packs
- 1.3 Odyssey 2018
- 1.4 SWC 2018 Digital Loot Pack
- 1.5 Miscellaneous
- 1.6 Gods – Bug Fixes
- 1.7 Items – Balances
- 1.8 Gods – Balances
New God Skins
New Voice Packs
- Purchasable Skins
- Super Chill Announcer Pack
- Pixel Rush He Bo – Credits to “OreoLeSasquatch”
- Sand Viper Ao Kuang
- Bonus Item
- Super Chill Bacchus
- New Quests and Achievements
- 7 Chinese Quests
- Chinese Conqueror Achievement (Awards Chinese Loading Screen Skin)
SWC 2018 Digital Loot Pack
- Mystic Defender Neith
- SWC 2018 Queen Aphrodite
- SWC 2018 King Thor
- Convention 2018 Cernunnos
- Loadout Items
- Number One Global Emote
- SWC 2018 Recall Skin
- SWC 2018 Ward Skin
- Divine Chest Roll
- 750 Fantasy Points
- Many item icons have had their artwork redone or have had adjustments to make them more consistent with their item tree's color scheme. Below is a list of items with new artwork.
- Bancroft's Talon
- Book of the Dead
- Hastened Ring
- Telkhine's Ring
- Blackthorn Hammer
- Spear of Desolation
- Soul Eater
- Magic Shoes
- Shoes of Focus
- Shoes of the Magi
- Reinforced Shoes
- Travelers Shoes
- Combat Boots
- Ninja Tabi
- Warrior Tabi
- Reinforced Greaves
- Players can now be able to use random Announcer Pack and Loading Screen Skin options in the Profile Loadout.
- Fixed an issue where Spectator would sometimes omit Accolades/Killstreak/Objective Kills.
- Fixed an issue where some Odyssey videos could not be played in certain localizations.
- Fixed an issue with the Bull Demon King texture on 3v3 Practice mode.
Gods – Bug Fixes
- All gods that use a controlled dash (Vamana's Clear the Path, Kuzenbo's Sumo Slam) should always cleanse roots on cast, but can be affected by roots during their charge unless their abilities state they are root immune while dashing. The following gods had their dash adjusted to be consistent with this rule:
- Geb's Rollout
- Sun Wukong's 72 Transformation: Tiger Form
- Erlang Shen's 72 Transformation: Mink Form
- Erlang Shen's 72 Transformation: Turtle Form
- Kuzenbo's Sumo Slam
- Vampire Bats
- Updated description to indicate that large Jungle monsters can be marked, rather than just Jungle Buff monsters. Large Jungle monsters include: All droppable Buff holders, Large Fire Elemental, Oracle Harpies.
- Corrected Abilities descriptions to properly reflect 4.19 Balance adjustments.
- Fixed an issue where Da Ji's Paolao would not appear if she was out of sight or too far away.
- Mighty Yawn
- Fixed an issue where cleansing the Movement Speed Slow from Mighty Yawn would also cleanse the Attack Speed Slow.
- Fixed an issue where Raijin's Warchief Skin's FX did not properly convey his Basic Attack size.
- Fixed an issue where cleansing the Movement Speed Slow from Umbrellarang would also cleanse the Attack Speed Slow.
Items – Balances
New Item - Soul Eater & Evolved Soul Eater
“Soul Eater has had a long history of balance stats between offense, defense, and sustain. With this redesign we wanted to focus on bringing a unique passive effect to SMITE that cannot be found in any other items, and adjust its stats to compliment that effect.
Physical Ability users (Assassins largely) have struggled to have a sustain item that works for them. Soul Eater will allow these characters to sustain based on the damage their abilities deal. It provides Physical Power, Mana, and Cooldown which are all stat lines that Physical Ability users love. Now most Assassins will have a sustain option available to them that can scale well into the late game and help them engage more often.
It will be an Evolving item featuring a new way of gaining stacks. It gains stacks on anything dying (include friendly gods and minions). Soul Eater does not care what it eats, as long as it gets fed. It will gain additional stacks when Large Jungle Monsters die, so players who focus on ganking as well as jungling will see an increase in how fast it stacks.
Overall, we are excited for this new Soul Eater and are excited to see how players fit this into their builds.”
- 2400 Gold.
- +30 Physical Power.
- +200 Mana.
- +10% Physical Lifesteal.
- +10% Cooldown Reduction.
- PASSIVE – Each time anything dies near you, you gain a stack. Gods, Large Jungle monsters, and Jungle bosses provide 5 stacks. At 100 Stacks, Soul Eater Evolves, gaining +20 Physical Power and allowing your Physical abilities to heal you for 10% of the damage dealt.
- Removed +10% Crowd Control Reduction.
- Added +15 Physical Power.
“Shield of Thorns is an aggressive counter to Mages and Hunters, allowing Tankier gods to put their life on the line to stop their enemies' Damage output. While this kind of relic allows for healthy counterplay options, the upgraded duration was reaching into unfun territory. We are reducing the duration of this Relic to lower how long players need to play around this effect. With this counter option becoming weaker we are also looking at Hunter's, which this Relic affected the most. Executioner will see adjustments as a result.”
- Decreases Duration from 8s to 5s.
“As stated above, Thorns provides a much needed answer to Hunter focused strategies. Hunters have a strong power curve that can be game changing mid and late game, and recently teams have been adjusting their playstyle to allow their Hunters to reach this point as early as possible. With Thorns seeing a slight reduction in power, we wanted to address Hunters at the same time. Executioner has become core in each hunter build; working well with Devo's Gloves, on-hit builds, and heavy Power & Crit builds alike. We are increasing its cost to better reflect its power and flexibility in Hunter builds.”
- Increased Cost from 2250 to 2350.
Gods – Balances
“Amaterasu is getting a buff. She has been struggling in performance at all levels of Conquest play and has only seen sparing use in the Smite Pro League. This has largely been a result of both Warrior and Conquest meta shifts that have pushed her out on the Solo lane in favor of stronger duelists. While we had expectations that other Warrior nerfs and Death's Toll adjustments would bring her overall performance back up, this has not been the case.
We are focusing on improving her Heavenly Reflection by lowering its Cooldown and Cost. Casting this ability more often will help her overall presence in teamfights, while also giving her access to her primary clear skill more often. This is especially helpful as this ability does not go on cooldown until it is fired, meaning charging this ability can add up to 5 seconds. We will continue to watch her performance in the coming patches.”
- Heavenly Reflection
- Decreased Cooldown from 14s to 12s.
- Decreased Mana Cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60/65/70/75/80.
“Even though recent nerfs have brought Artio much closer to a balanced state, she has still been slightly overperforming and will see a nerf this patch. HerPick/Ban rate in the SPL and Ranked has been incredibly high (even if her Win rate in has not matched), and her performance at most skill levels is higher than many guardians. This shows us she is still stagnating diversity among her class.
With this in mind, we wanted to take a look at her overall tankiness. She has strong crowd control and self healing with a max health pool only outclasses by Ymir. We are reducing it from 2500 at Max level to 2400, lowering how much damage she can take during a fight and limiting how much self healing she can store as raw health. She should be more vulnerable in teamfights, especially if she goes with a bruiser item build.”
- Decreased Base Health per Level from 100 to 95.
“Guan Yu is getting some love this patch. Since his rework he has been on the cusp of being “viable”, as his stats have shown he performs fairly well in skilled hands. We want to enable those players more and highlight Guan Yu's unique niche role as a team healing Warrior.
His base mana is seeing an increase, allowing him to cast more abilities throughout the game. Considering his ability to reduce cooldown and his ability to spam skills, this should go a long way at helping Guan Yu keep fighting. We are also reducing the Mana cost of his heal to further this point. Healing is a unique part of Guan Yu and players should feel good about casting this skill in between their other skills. We expect these changes to help him stay in fights longer, while he helps his team do the same.”
- Mana per Level increased from 32 to 35.
- Decreased Mana Cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 at all ranks.
“Izanami is seeing a nerf this patch. Her changes to Fade Away and Dark Portal helped her performance (which had been suffering) but the amount she jumped up was impressive, nearly topping all gods in all levels of skill. These changes were still positive, as they helped some key frustration points for Izanami players, but other parts of her kit need to be toned down with her more reliable escape and Ultimate. We knew these changes would help her, but wanted to see the results of the changes before going forward with nerfs. That time has come.
Fade Away's stealth duration is being reduced, lowering the time she can sneak around a fight before rejoining it. People chasing Izanami will also have a better chance of finding her, as the distance she can cover will be less. In addition, Dark Portal is seeing Base Damage, Physical Power scaling, and a Silence duration decrease. Since this damage is more confirmable, it's especially high scaling made her incredibly punishing late game. This has been reduced to a more reasonable level.”
- Fade Away
- Decreased Stealth Duration from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s.
- Dark Portal
- Reduce Damage from 250/350/450/550/650 to 220/320/420/520/620.
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 130% to 100%.
- Decrease Silence Duration from 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s to 1.5/1.65/1.8/1.95/2.1s.
“Kumbhakarna's had a nice long nap and is ready to brawl. Kumbhakarna has struggled as a Guardian, seeing only limited success at most skill ranges. His ability to control a single enemy player is high, and we wanted to highlight this strength further by giving his allies more opportunities to capitalize on this playstyle.
We are lowering the cooldown on Epic Uppercut at all but his last rank to give him more chances in a match to setup a target for his team to follow up on. We wanted this change to be more early and mid game focused, which results in the slight increase at Level 20 (which for most Supports/Guardians is the very late game). We have also increased the audio cue for when this ability is cast in both volume and its overall FX. Players of both teams should better realize that Kumbhakarna has cast this skill and follow up on this skill more appropriately.”
- Epic Uppercut
- Adjusted Cooldown from 90/85/80/75/70s to 75s at all ranks.
- Increased and adjusted audio for this ability, allowing it to be more easily heard over other abilities.
“Poseidon and his Kraken are getting some consistency improvements that should help him out. Through this season he has been largely pushed out by other mages and he has suffered as a result. In patches past we reduced his movement speed heavily to help players deal with his rotation potential, and that largely hurt his ability to be a strong pick for a team.
Our first buff is giving him ‘some’ of that Movement Speed back on Trident. Players will need to spend the cooldown and mana to increase their movement around the map, but if they want to rotate, engage, or escape he will have the speed to help him. The second buff is to increase his consistency in a team fight. Release the Kraken can be a powerful burst tool, but the difference between getting someone in the center vs. just the outside radius was large making this ability highly variable in how it helped your team. We are evening the damage between the inner ring and center radius, keeping the burst damage the same but helping it deal more AoE damage to the enemy team.”
- Increased Movement Speed 5/10/15/20/25% to 10/15/20/25/30%.
- Release the Kraken!
- Can now be cast inside player made deployables (such as Thor's Tectonic Rift).
- Increased outer ring Damage from 170/195/220/245/270 (+30% of your magical power) to 175/210/245/280/315 (+45% of your magical power)
- Decreased center area Damage from 180/220/260/300/340 (60% of your magical power) to 175/210/245/280/315 (+45% of your magical power)
- Total Damage increased from 350/415/480/545/610 to 350/420/490/560/630.
- Damage is now split evenly between the center area and the outer ring, meaning the center target is still hit for both areas damage but players hit by the outer area will receive more damage than in 4.19.
“We are continuing with our adjustments to Raijin, both for balance and visual clarity. Percussive Storm's hitbox has helped him perform more consistently and given players better feedback for where the ability will hit. Keeping the radius at 6 units allowed players to get a feel that was as close to the previous versions but with projectiles of a constant size. After collecting the data from 4.19 it does seem that keeping it at 6 units for the entire projectile is too strong.
Percussive Storm's radius is being reduced to 4.5 units for each projectile, making this ability harder to hit, but still more consistent and more visually clear that previous Raijin iterations. The targeter is also seeing an improvement, showing the area where the projectiles on the final double shot overlap. Hitting in this area will cause you to hit with both projectiles.
Raijin's Ability 2 projectile speed change in 4.19 was reverted before it ever launched to live, as it didn't solve the problem of how unclear the abilities visuals were. In this patch we are introducing different fixes that don't change his power level, but instead improve his visual clarity. Raiju has a delayed hit FX after the area of effect is triggered where the ability singles out a target to be afflicted by the Raiju. Lowering the time between the area and the single target being affected by the debuff will help the ability flow more naturally. Also, the Area of Effect visuals will now always be visible, giving players a clear view of where Raiju's circle targeter hit. Finally, Raijin players will also have a better idea of who Raiju will hit by only highlighting whoever is closest to the center, giving real time feedback as to who is likely to be hit and how this ability functions.”
- Percussive Storm
- Reduced Radius of Projectiles from 6 units to 4.5 units.
- Updated the targeter visual FX to better convey the overlapping area for the projectiles on the double shot.
- Players hit by Raiju will now have the hit visual FX travel to their god more quickly.
- Fixed an issue where the ground hit visual FX would not display when a target was successfully hit.
- Fixed an issue where all targets inside Raiju's targeter would be highlighted, rather than just the target closest to the center.
“Zeus is ready to bring the lightning! Zeus has had a tough time in Season 4, seeing only limited success early on in the Season. Since then he has been struggling and trailing behind most other mages. His early Conquest clear leaves him in an awkward spot, as there are many strategies to counter an already complex clear tool.
Aegis Assault will now trigger a static AoE when hit by Chain Lightning, giving Zeus an extra way to quickly proc more damage before minions can move away from the shield. He can also use this technique to stack more charges on Enemy gods, speeding up his burst damage. Chain Lightning is also receiving a slight scaling increase to help Zeus remain threatening late game. His scaling is lower than most mages, but he was really struggling in hyper late game to make the impact players want from their mages.”
- Chain Lightning
- Increased Magical Power Scaling from 40% to 50%.
- Aegis Assault
- Aegis Assault's static AoE will now be triggered when the Aegis is hit by Zeus' Chain Lightning.