SMITE Season 7 PTS Changes 3
January 14 PTS Balance Updates
“As 7.1 PTS nears its end we are adjusting a few more things. These changes pertain to things that were already planned to be changed in 7.1. We have been closely monitoring the community discussion and PTS gameplay for input about the update. During PTS we need to be careful about our changes. Ones that require additional art and code could cause issues to delay the launch, so these are being planned for 7.2. There is discussion of design concerns and balance concerns we have not yet addressed, and many of those are reasonable concerns but will need to be looked at in 7.2. Thank you for all your communication and PTS testing during this time. It has certainly made 7.1 a better update!”
- Solo Lane
- “Many pros, olympians, and players have expressed concern with the Solo lane. We want to make the 1v1 in that lane more impactful and make sure we reward aggressive laners, but some of our proposed changes were having unintended effects, and discouraging fighting. With other classes also gaining significant buffs, Solo lane felt especially underpowered. We are reverting the change to Blue Buff and buffing Totem of Ku, while retaining the scaling effect. We want each role to feel fun and impactful as the update launches, and after some 7.1 live data is accumulated we will be able to make more confident adjustments.”
- Reverted Blue Buff to provide:
- Grants 20 Mana healed every 5s and 10% cooldown reduction. Each time you hit an enemy God with an ability you regain 2% of your missing Mana.
- Increased Totem Reward from 10, 20, 30 to 20, 25, and 30 MP5 to the team depending on when it is taken.
- Lowered cost from 2700 to 2600.
- Increased damage per stack bonus from 5% to 6%.
“Bastet is performing well on PTS and nerfs were necessary, but many Bastet players voiced their concerns about our most recent adjustments. We are reverting those, then adding another nerf to her new ultimate. Bastets jungle clear speed and base damage on her 1-2-3 is already lower than usual, so lowering those further caused some negative experiences. Instead damage is being shifted off the ultimate to lower her top end damage and encourage her to rely more on her base kit.”
- Increased Base Damage from 80/135/190/245/300 to 80/145/210/275/340.
- Razor Whip
- Increase Base Damage from 30/45/60/75/90 to 30/50/70/90/110 per tick.
- Decrease Mana Cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 40/45/50/55/60.
- Guardian of Bast
- Decreased Bonus Damage from 30/35/40/45/50% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
“Odin's new groove is quite a powerful one. He continues to dominate the PTS with his new ability. This ability can stack a very high amount of damage if players manage to hit an enemy with all 4 instances of damage, so the damage is being lowered. This ability is still a relatively long total channel time, so it does need to maintain slightly higher damage, but it was clearly overtuned.”
- Gungnir's Might
- Decreased Pulse Damage from 35/55/75/95/115 to 25/45/65/85/105 Per Pulse.
- Decreased Spear Throw (Base and Scaling) from 90/150/210/270/330 (+65% of your Physical Power) to 80/130/180/230/280 (+60% of your Physical Power).