SMITE Season 7 PTS Changes 2
January 10 PTS Balance Updates
“Since Season 7 Patch Notes and PTS have gone live we have received tons of feedback and watched hours of PTS gameplay. We plan to act quickly based on this data and feedback to make PTS testing as meaningful as possible. Most of the changes we are making today are focused toward one goal: Allow as much wide-spread experimentation as possible. We want to nerf top meta picks, and open up strategies, roles, and items to the most gods and items we possibly can.”
- Blue Buff
- “We had a lot of feedback regarding the Solo Lane, and after PTS testing we agree that more adjustments need to be made. We plan to continue to monitor this role closely and make more itemization changes before 7.1 launch. For now, we are buffing the Blue Jungle Buff to ensure that Solo Laners have the Mana to fight effectively so we can get more feedback and data about the current matchups in the lane.”
- Increased MP5 per 10% missing mana from 2 MP5 to 3 MP5.
“There has been a very strong reaction to Tyrannical Plate Helm and its T2 version, Dynasty Plate Helm. These are both being nerfed significantly. We want new items to be attractive and exciting, but not overbearing. This can be a tricky middle ground to design for as players tend to mostly ignore new items unless they really turn heads. The key change for the T2 is increasing the cost so it cannot be bought as a starter item.”
- Increased cost from 1400 to 1600.
“This item brings a very new and unique effect, but its strong stat spread was overshadowing that. The main thing we want this item to do is encourage aggressive tactical plays, so the minion attack speed is remaining unchanged, but with its description fixed. Many other aspects of this item are being nerfed to ensure that this Minion Attack Speed feature is the defining one, not the base stats.”
- Fixed an item description error where it listed 10% Minion Attack Speed rather than the actual 20% increase. (20% is the intended number and its currently functioning like this in PTS)
- Increased cost from 2400 to 2600.
- Decreased Magical Power from 85 to 70.
- Decreased Minion health bonus from 20% to 10%.
“The changes to Mage itemization have mostly been received positively. There are definitely a few concerns and we want to take those seriously. There is also some confusion. One key thing we want to avoid is overpowered hybrid items. Mages are getting major nerfs in the 7.1 changes, which we attempted to offset with some interesting buffs too, but putting too much power on tanky items is not the right way to do this. Another notable exception was Yemoja. Her pick, ban, or win-rate stats are not nearly as high as Susano or Achilles. She is definitely being watched closely, though.”
- Decreased Magical Power from 100 to 80.
“This change mostly focuses on Hunters. The viable pool of Hunters is constrained by this item's reflect damage amount. Reflect damage can be frustrating and difficult to play around. Kuzenbo and Thorns have cooldown and visual cues to help counterplay, but Nemean is always on. Due to that fact we are decreasing is reflect damage significantly to allow more Hunters to experiment in this new meta.”
- Increased Physical Protection from 70 to 75.
- Decreased Damage Reflected from 25% to 15%.
“A key role of game design is to anticipate future results of design changes and adjust for them now, instead of waiting for the dominoes to fall. This is what the team attempted to do here. With Mages seeing significant penetration nerfs, we expected lots of discussion for Physical gods as well. However, concern over Hunter's position in the meta largely overtook that concern, so we are reverting all of the changes. We will continue to evaluate Physical Penetration in the upcoming updates, possibly even considering similar changes to their items as Mages had.”
- Increased % Physical Protection reduction from 10% to 15%.
- Increased Base % Physical Protection reduction from 10% to 15%.
- Increased Base % Physical Protection reduction from 35% to 40%.
- Increased % Physical Protection Reduction from 10% to 12%.
“This buff is being added to open up Hunter build paths. Hunter builds tend to be optimized quickly then become quite rigid, and lately crit has not been part of the equation. One of the main issues this problem exists is because Crit requires a reasonably high % chance before it is effective. Rage exists to be the enabler for Crit builds by providing the highest % chance in a single item. We are pushing that slightly higher to let Hunters experiment with Crit-Pen hybrid builds that feel good even when only 2 Crit items are built.”
- Decrease Cost from 2400 to 2300.
- Increase Crit Chance % per stack from 2% to 3%.
“From the update notes it was clear that the Achilles change was not sufficient. Achilles is a top pick right now, and although the power decrease we have already shipped was impactful, we are willing to nerf him more. We were hesitant to overnerf characters when the meta might nerf them as well, but we need Achilles to move down a bit further to make room for more gods to test this new Season 7 meta.”
- Radiant Glory
- Decreased Healing from 24/28/32/36/40 to 20/23/26/29/32.
- Combat Dodge
- Decreased damage from 50/90/130/170/210 to 50/85/120/155/190.
“Bastet's new abilities look very successful on PTS so far, but most likely too successful. As she gained significant AoE and a new form of CC, so damage needs to be removed. This occurred through her passive but was not a sufficient shift. She is seeing a few more damage decreases to even out her new design.”
- Decreased Base Damage from 80/145/210/275/340 to 80/135/190/245/300.
- Razor Whip
- Decreased Base Damage from 30/50/70/90/110 per tick to 30/45/60/75/90.
- 120/200/280/360/440 total to 120/180/240/300/360.
“The Allfather is looking almighty in PTS. Gungnir's new might is clearly overperforming, so a few damage decreases are being applied. In this way Odin is still a warrior with new combat tools, but we want to move him back from playing like an Assassin.”
- Gungnir's Might
- Decreased Base Damage per Pulse from 45/65/85/105/125 to 35/55/75/95/115.
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling per Pulse from 30% to 20%.
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling on Throw from 75% to 65%.
“Susano was the other god we feel received the most feedback on missing a nerf. Susano is a top ban god and that usually moves us to apply nerfs. We were more careful with him since he received multiple scaling nerfs recently, and for similar reasons as Achilles (meta changing). However, to be safe and make sure more Junglers can explore the new season, we are nerfing his damage and early-game mobility even further.”
- Jet Stream
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling per tick from 30% to 25% per tick.
- Increased Cooldown after teleporting to an enemy from 8s to 10s.