SMITE Beta Version 0.1.2015.1
New God: Scylla - Horror of the Deep[edit | edit source]
Ancient poems warn of a narrow channel of water so treacherous that death touches all who approach. Sailors must choose to risk their ship, traveling close to the monstrous whirlpool Charybdis, or instead hug the rocky shoals where dwells a creature some say is made from the nightmares of all men.
Scylla, they call her, Horror of the Sea. No ship that dares sail in her waters goes unscathed. Those that cling to survival whisper panicked tales of enormous black tentacles tipped with slavering hound heads ravaging whole ships to splinters with pitiless precision. Though it's her laughter, they say, that's most horrible; child-like, delighting in blood soaked murder as men are dragged into the dark abyss.
Poets have tried to romanticize this beast, to provide some humanity to her monstrosity. They write she was once a beautiful Naiad, wronged by a jealous priestess and transformed. Yet the old poems say she was born this way, beget by gods full of jealousy and loathing; dropped into the sea to terrorize mankind.
Would that she had remained in the sea, but the nightmare has come ashore. Dragged by dog-headed tentacles she roams our streets, plucks us from our beds, and fills the night with disturbing laughter. Scylla has come, and not even the gods can help us.
Quick Learner (Passive)[edit | edit source]
- Each of Scylla's abilities gain an additional effect at max rank. In addition, Scylla gains 20 magical power for each max rank ability.
Sic 'Em[edit | edit source]
- Scylla sends two hounds forward rooting and crippling the first enemy hit for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25s, and damaging for 60/110/160/210/260 +60% of Magical Power. At max rank, two additional enemies nearby the first target will also be hit.
- Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
- Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Crush[edit | edit source]
- Scylla creates a magical field that applies a 30% slow to enemies in the radius. After 5s it detonates and damages 90/140/190/240/290 +80% of Magical power. Scylla may activate the ability again to detonate it early. At max rank, enemies in the area also have their Magic Protection reduced by 25%, and targets hit by the damage are slowed for an additional 1s.
- Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana.
- Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Sentinel[edit | edit source]
- Passive: Scylla gains 4/6/8/10/12 MP5 while this ability is not on cooldown. Active: Scylla summons a sentinel to the target area, granting 40/50/60/70/80 vision of enemies for 5s. Scylla may activate the ability again within 5s to move to the sentinel location. At max rank, the vision is granted through line of sight blockers, and placement range increases by 5.
- Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
- Cooldown: 15 seconds.
I'm a Monster[edit | edit source]
- Scylla reveals her true nature, becoming CC immune for the next 6s, and gaining +35% movement speed. She may make one powerful attack during this time, dealing 400/500/600/700/800 +120% of her magical power as damage. If she kills an enemy god with the attack, she gains another 6s and may attack again. At max rank, the movement speed bonus doubles.
- Cost: 100 mana.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Space Monkey Hun Batz||Tiny Monster Scylla||Golden Geb||Convention 2014 Guan Yu|
- Note: The Convention 2014 skin is not for sale and available only through special promotions.
Player Icons[edit | edit source]
- A special new “Launch Tournament Icon Bundle” has been added. The cost is 300 gems and the bundle includes a special icon for the Launch Tournament itself, plus the icons of the 8 participating teams (Cloud 9, Coast, COG, Denial eSports, Dignitas, SK Gaming, Snipe, Team Solo Mid). All sales of this bundle add $5 to the Launch Tournament Pool.
- The following new icons have been added:
- Retro Guan Yu
- Retro Ra
General[edit | edit source]
- When a jungle camp is cleared, a timer now appears both in-world and on the mini-map that gives an indication of when the camp will respawn. The timer only shows to those people that would have otherwise seen that the camp was cleared (mini-map visibility rules of buff camp icons has not changed).
- Abilities that root or cripple your player are now considered Hard CC by the system. Among other things, this means they will proc Magi's Blessing as well as cause diminishing returns.
- Cripple effects will now interrupt movement abilities that are in-progress.
- The jungle camps in Conquest now have improved art to better communicate the reset range for the camp creeps.
- The Assault god selection algorithm has been further refined. Guan Yu and Cupid are no longer categorized as “healers” under the algorithm. So the new algorithm is: One side has its gods picked at random. (but no more than one “healer” allowed). If the first side randomly rolls a healer, then the second side will also be given a healer. Otherwise, the second side will also not have a healer.. Other than that, the non-healing gods are selected at random. The only gods currently considered “healers” under this algorithm currently are Hel, Aphrodite, Chang'e and Ra.
- The Character Builder now supports “multi-purchase” item trees.
- Updated and improved a variety of the translations for the French, German and Spanish versions. These translations are still incomplete/imperfect and will be improving more over the next several patches.
- A new setting for PARTICLE DETAIL has been added under Video Options on the Video tab of the SETTINGS menu. This controls the level of detail seen in many special FX. Setting this to a lower setting may improve performance for some players. (Some users also prefer the lower settings from a gameplay standpoint).
- A new option has been added under the AUDIO tab of the SETTINGS menu to select your preferred Audio Device.
- The Setting to control the match notify sound (under AUDIO in the SETTINGS menu) should once again work.
- While in a match, a single ESC now closes chat regardless of text entry. Previously, if you had typed some text, the first ESC would clear the text then the second ESC would close the chat box.
- Some minor optimizations have been made to the Buddy List.
- Fixed a sorting issue with the Buddy List (upper/lower case is no longer considered in sort).
- The tooltip associated with the player level bar on the left-side footer of the main menu has been modified to do a better job of showing how much XP is required for you to reach the next level.
- Fixed a bug in which Player Icons were not always being updated appropriately on your friends list.
- You can now close Twitch chat after you visit the TV tab (celebrate!).
- Optimizations have been made to the Joust map for players running on medium or low settings.
- Optimizations have been made to the Conquest map for loading and performance.
- Fixed some minion pathing issues in Conquest and Joust.
- Fixed an issue in which gold and XP rewards for player kills in Assault were being overstated.
- Fixed an issue in which certain pets were unable to attack Towers and Phoenixes.
- Fixed an issue in which friendly players that were pinging the mini-map were no longer being highlighted on the player bar in the top-left of your HUD.
- Adjusted the position of the target reticle to better align with actual projectile travel location.
- Added scaling to the in-world targeting bracket (smaller for minions). Also adjusted the visuals of this bracket some.
- Several cleanups have been made to the Damage Recap information, to make this info more accurate and valuable. Further improvements are slated for the near future.
- Joust 3v3 and 1v1:
- Fixed an issue in which players who landed the killing blow on a tower or phoenix would get double gold.
- Arena League:
- Number of bans increased to 4.
- Fixed a variety of other minor UI bugs.
- The god rotation has been updated to Freya, Ares, Tyr, Cupid, and Mercury
Spectator[edit | edit source]
- Adjustments have been made to loading sublevels for spectator. This should permanently fix the issue with the “top-half” of the Conquest map disappearing for some players.
- Changes have been made to art in the spectator view of Conquest. Action around the Order (Blue) base now has better visibility.
- Joust and Arena level art have received a first-pass spectator view. Expect changes and improvements in later patches.
- Adjusted the focal point higher when in the overview camera view. It will re-center depending on the bottom panel's visibility (‘F5’).
- While in overview camera view mode, the mouse cursor will disappear after a few seconds if idle.
- Fixed a variety of gods that could have effects linger after rewinding.
- Numpad0-Numpad9 sets specific gods as the current view target. The order matches the scoreboard order.
Items[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The in-game item store has undergone significant visual changes, bug fixes and cleanups. Significant additional changes are planned for upcoming patches, including a significant revision to the Recommended Items system..
- The icons for many items have been updated. Expect additional icon updates in upcoming patches. Note that some icons are not yet in their final intended state.
- For multi-purchase items, a Tier 1 or Tier 2 item can no longer be purchased if no Tier 3 items are still available to purchase (i.e., if all of the Tier 3 items on that tree have already been purchased).
Purification Beads[edit | edit source]
- Purification Beads can now be used to cleanse abilities that cripple and root, including the following: Arachne Cocoon, Anhur Impale, Aphrodite Get Away, Tyr Fearless, Scylla Tentacle, Freya Banish.
- If breaking an ability would leave the player inside a wall (ex. Arachne Cocoon), it will instead move the player to the destination of the pull.
Ward[edit | edit source]
- Reduce ward prices to 50 gold, reduced stacking limit to 2.
- Wards will now give a special audio alert if they detect an enemy nearby your current location, who is out of your line of sight.
Multi Potion[edit | edit source]
- This consumable heals 125 health and 75 mana over 25 seconds.
Most items have been combined into trees that allow you to purchase more than one item from it. Note that, unless specified, the price and stats on the Tier 3 items have not changed. New combined trees are listed below:
Hidden Dagger[edit | edit source]
Tiny Trinket[edit | edit source]
Iron Mail[edit | edit source]
Mace[edit | edit source]
Spiked Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
Ancient Blade[edit | edit source]
Cudgel[edit | edit source]
Spiked Buckler[edit | edit source]
Breastplate[edit | edit source]
Cloak[edit | edit source]
Talisman[edit | edit source]
Emerald Ring[edit | edit source]
Magical Focus[edit | edit source]
Magic Stone[edit | edit source]
Sash[edit | edit source]
Soul Reliquary[edit | edit source]
Lost Artifact[edit | edit source]
The following items are still available as single-item trees:
- Eye of Retaliation, Hydra's Lament, Heartseeker, Transcendence, Stone of Gaia, Idol of Concentration, Winged Wand, all active items, all consumable items.
The following items have been removed for the time being. Some may be reintroduced with changes in the near future, to better fit the above trees.
- Ascendence, Devourer's Touch, Warlock's Ring, Ma'at's Tome, Magi's Cowl, Gem of Binding, Fatalis, Ankh of the Golem, Frostbound Amulet, Hide of the Leviathan, Focused Void Stone, Focused Voidblade, Gem of Gaia.
The following Tier 3 items had changes:
Chronos' Pendant[edit | edit source]
- Magical Power increased from +60 to +75.
Malice[edit | edit source]
- Provides +50 Physical Power, +20% Critical Chance. Passive - If you basic attack crits, you deal an additional +60% of your total power as physical damage over the next 3s. Cost - 3100.
- Note on this: With the new tree system, there are now 4 crit items that can be added in a single build (where before Rage/Malice was an option). Malice has been modified as a result.
Gods[edit | edit source]
Ah Muzen Cab[edit | edit source]
- The cripple is now correctly treated as a cripple effect for the purposes of CC protection, immunity, and cleansing. Cleansing the cripple (ex: Purification Beads) will not affect the duration the stinger is attached to the target.
Agni[edit | edit source]
- Thumbnail/Portrait Icon has been updated.
- Buff icons removed for the Ultimate (since the need for these were eliminated by the new passive meter).
- Fixed an issue with his run speed not updating on the HUD.
- Fixed a minor FX issue with the Incinerator skin.
- Rain Fire
- Switched this ability to no longer use Continuous Fire. In Quick Cast mode, left clicks occurring a short time after a meteor is cast will no longer fire another one, instead always firing basic attacks. In standard targeting mode, clicking and holding the mouse will no longer fire multiple meteors uninterrupted if they are available.
- Re-fixed the issue with not animating for every shot.
- Volcanic skin will still have the issue in Solo Practice matches.
Anubis[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue in which the FX timing did not properly match the ability timing (the FX lasted longer than the ability was ticking damage).
Ao Kuang[edit | edit source]
- Slow reduced from 50% at all ranks to 30/35/40/45/50%.
Aphrodite[edit | edit source]
- Updated loading screen card.
Apollo[edit | edit source]
- Variety of FX have been cleaned up at lower LODs.
Arachne[edit | edit source]
- Fixed issue where the debuff icon was not showing up on targets affected by the poison stacks.
Ares[edit | edit source]
- Now applies knockback to minions.
- Will now properly interrupt targets pulled by it.
Artemis[edit | edit source]
- Updated loading screen card.
Athena[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue in which Block Meter was not Lighting Up.
Bakasura[edit | edit source]
- Updated loading screen card.
Bastet[edit | edit source]
- Addressed some issues with her return pounce while interrupted.
Chaac[edit | edit source]
- Added a visual timer to indicate how long the player has to dash to his axe.
- Fixed a rare issue where players would be permanently slowed
- Recalling will now be interrupted when using this ability.
Fenrir[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where rank 5 was costing 95 mana instead of 90.
- Once again addressed the “lock-jaw” issue, where Fenrir would be unable to grab a victim.
- Right-click will now cancel the ability.
Geb[edit | edit source]
- Scaling reduced from 18% to 15% of Geb's Health.
Guan Yu[edit | edit source]
- Updated tooltip to indicate Guan Yu is immune to roots, cripples, and knockups while dashing.
Hades[edit | edit source]
- Damage reduced from 50/90/130/170/210 +70% to 50/85/120/155/190 + 60%.
- This ability now applies Blight to targets it hits.
- Now no longer applies the Silence to Blighted targets that are Feared. This fixes an issue with diminishing returns where the second effect applied was always having its duration reduced.
- Damage increased from 75/110/145/180/215 +60% to 75/115/155/195/235 +70%.
Loki[edit | edit source]
- Updated loading screen card.
Mercury[edit | edit source]
- Other players can now hear the audio “boom” when this ability is fired.
- Now can be fired when crippled.
Nemesis[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue in which a killing melee blow was not granting a passive stack.
Ne Zha[edit | edit source]
- This ability now inherits Ne Zha's critical hit chance and can critically hit when Ne Zha lands at his target location.
Poseidon[edit | edit source]
- Poseidon's Tide meter no longer falls off gradually over time.
- No longer consumes Tide when cast.
Sobek[edit | edit source]
- Visual modifications to the targeter.
- Updated tooltip to indicate he is immune to knock ups while dashing.
Thor[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue causing damage to not scale correctly by rank. (The damage would be locked based on the rank the ability was at upon first use).
Tyr[edit | edit source]
- Improved description.
Zhong Kui[edit | edit source]
- King of Ghosts Zhong Kui has had his FX updated.