Earning gold[edit | edit source]
Every players starts with a certain amount of gold and they earn extra gold periodically, called gold spooling. This amount varies depending on the game mode:
- Conquest: 3 per second
- Assault: 4 per second
- Clash, Siege: 6 per second
- Joust: 8 per second
- Arena: 10 per second
Additional gold can be obtained in several ways:
- Dealing the killing blow ("Lasthitting") to enemy minions
- If a player does not kill it, they still earn some gold as long as they are near the minion when it dies.
- In Conquest, players only gain 25% of the gold if the minion was hit by a friendly structure, even if they deal the killing blow. Towers hitting minion in other modes will cause them to give no gold.
- Killing enemy Gods (The amount is determined by several factors listed in the section below)
- Kill assists
- Destroying objectives (Towers, Phoenixes, etc.)
- Killing jungle camps
It is worth mentioning that gold doesn't carry over to other matches.
God Kill & Streaks[edit | edit source]
When a player kills an enemy god they are awarded with:
- Base Amount = (150 + (Gold Earned by Victim / 100))
- needs edit: what is "gold earned by victim"
- Level Adjustment = ((enemy level - player level) * .1)
- This is capped at +/- .6.
- Total = (Base Amount + (Base Amount * Level Difference Adjustment)) * 1.1 ^ Opponents Kill Streak
Achieving First Blood (the first non-neutral god kill in the match) provides an additional 200 gold.
Depending on how high the victim's killstreak (the amount of kills in a row they had accumulated before dying) was, the kill will reward more gold while also ending their killing spree.