Fafnir's Wonderland was an event and a PvE (Player vs Environment) game mode added with SMITE Version 3.22.3756.1, the patch released on November 21, 2016. It was disabled on January 10, 2017. This event was part of the Odyssey 2017.
This game mode, along with Escape from the Underworld and Xing Tian's Mountain, served as inspiration for the Adventures system. Additional information can be found here: Fafnir's Winter Wonderland promo site.
Description[edit | edit source]
Xing Tian is on vacation, so the fight has moved to Fafnir's Wonderland, a wintery battleground hosted by the Lord of Glitering Gold himself. The gods find themselves locked in combat against some less nefarious encounters than were found on Xing Tian's Mountain.
Gods from every Pantheon will descend on Fafnir's Wonderland in an effort to differentiate themselves as the champions once and for all!
This new five-player co-op gamemode combines the best parts of MMO-style boss encounters and wave-based survival modes into a truly unique experience. Players will fight a randomly selected encounter and try to defeat it in the time limit. Upon success, players will move to the next round which will be more difficult in defenses and damage.
All 15 encounters are broken into Tier 1 and Tier 2 versions. Tier 2 versions add additional elements to the encounter, making them more challenging.
- Easy Mode
- You begin round 1 fighting each of the 15 encounters on Tier 1.
- On round 16, you change to Tier 2 encounters.
- Players start at Round 1 fighting each of the 15 new encounters on their Tier 1 difficulty.
- Upon reaching Round 16, the encounters change to their Tier 2 versions and scale in difficulty from there.
- Hard Mode
- Players start at Round 1 fighting each of the 15 encounters on their Tier 2 difficulty.
- Hard Mode is locked until you complete round 15 on Easy.
Players can unlock achievements by accumulating points. The top players from each mode will be shown on a leaderboard, showcasing how long players can survive in Fafnir's Wonderland.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Five players face off against rounds of AI encounters in an endless competition. You are level 13, have 7500 gold, and will not gain experience or gold throughout the match. Each round, your team has one minute to complete the encounter. If the round timer expires or your entire team dies, the match is over.
- Ability cooldowns are reset
- Relic cooldowns are reset
- Health and mana is restored
- All players respawn
- Easy = 5 pts per round
- Hard = 15 pts per round
- Weekend Quest = 100 points
- Tier 1 = 100 Odyssey Points
- Tier 2 = 200 Odyssey Points
- Tier 3 = 300 Odyssey Points and Hen Avatar
- Tier 4 = 400 Odyssey Points
- Tier 5 = 500 Odyssey Points and Cutesy Avatar Chest roll
- Round Complete = +100
- Surviving Player = +10
- Time Remaining = +1 per second
Encounters[edit | edit source]
There are 15 challenges that players will have to face in this mode. Each encounter can show up more than once but with increased difficulty. The hard versions of each encounter are thougher than the easy ones, with some of them having other changes and additions that increase the challenge.
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Anhur using the Duke dan de Lyons skin. The boss will use long ranged basic attacks from the other side of the arena while a strong wind gust constantly pushes the players away from him.
- Calling Birds:
- Easy: The bosses in this encounter are 4 phoenixes. The phoenixes are placed in an arc in front of the players. These phoenixes have a very short respawn time, reappearing with a small portion of their health. All phoenixes must be defeated at the same time to win.
- Hard: Works in a similar way to the Easy version, but the phoenixes respawn with full health.
- Christmas Gone Wrong:
- Drummers Drumming:
- Easy: The bosses in this encounter are 3 empowered Raijin. On low health, they will use Thunder Crash to teleport away from the players, which will then be followed by the use of a strong Taiko Drums cast.
- French Hen:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is a giant red hen surrounded by many chicken eggs. As the boss takes damage, the eggs will hatch into smaller white chickens that will gradually swarm the players.
- Golden Rings:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Ne Zha. He casts Universe Ring Toss every few seconds to attack the players. The rings will continue bouncing between the players until the round ends or all players die.
- Lady Dancing:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Chang'e. She will cast a massive yet slow moving Crescent Moon Dance that last for several seconds and she will constantly spin until the round ends. She will also use Moonlit Waltz after each Crescent Moon Dance.
- Hard: Works in a similar way to the Easy version, but Chang'e is also able to use Moonflower Dance to heal herself and Waxing Moon to stun the players.
- Long Winter Nap:
- Easy: The bosses in this encounter are 3 empowered Kumbhakarna using the Pajama Party skin. They will cast Mighty Yawn at a very small cooldown to disable players. Defeating a Kumbhakarna will trigger their Sleepy passive and they'll constantly use Mighty Yawn until they are killed.
- Lord a Leaping:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Odin. He will constantly use a Lunge and Raven Shout combo to deal high damage in an increased area of effect.
- Hard: Works in a similar way to the Easy version, but the area of effect for the combo will be even bigger and Odin will also cast Ring of Spears every few leaps.
- Partridge and a Pair of Trees:
- Easy: The bosses in this encounter are 2 Sylvanus using the Season's Spirit skin accompanied by a phoenix. The bosses will constantly use Wisps and Wrath of Terra at a short cooldown against the players.
- Slippery Slopes:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Skadi. Most of the arena will be covered in Permafrost, causing all players to slide across the ice at reduced movespeed, boucing back when in contact with units or walls. She will use Piercing Cold at a short cooldown to deal high damage to anyone hit.
- Hard: Works in a similar way to the Easy version, but Skadi is accompanied by 2 Kaldrs that will attack random players.
- Turtle Doves:
- Where's My Nut?:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Ratatoskr using the Festive skin. There will be 4 trees around the edges of the map. Ratatoskr will first attack the trees one by one. Once all 4 trees has been destroyed, he will start viciously attacking the players with strong basic attacks.
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is a Geb. The arena is turned into a maze and the entire area is covered in a blizzard that makes it very hard to see. Players must find the Geb hidden somewhere in the maze and kill him before time runs out. The Geb will blink to a different part of the maze every few seconds.
- Wreck the Halls:
- Easy: The boss in this encounter is an empowered Fenrir using the Wreck the Halls skin. The boss will constantly try to use Ragnarok to grab a player. If successful, he will slowly carry the victim towards a deadly ice storm located at the back side of the arena. Fenrir will switch targets as he loses health or if the current target dies.