The Clan System in SMITE allows players to group up as like-minded communities, to play together while also gaining rewards and Honor.
General information[edit | edit source]
Most clan related content can be found in the "Social" tab of the main page. Players can either join a clan or create their own. The "Listings" section allows players to search for clans by region and join type. From this list players can also see the number of members and the level of each clan.
Joining or making a clan[edit | edit source]
There are three join types for clans:
- Open Joining: Clans set to this join type will automatically approve all applications.
- Allows Applications: Clans set to this join type accept applications from players, but those applications must be approved by the clan leader.
- Invite Only: Clans set to this join type cannot be applied to. Only players invited to join can do so.
When a clan is first created, it can hold up to 30 members, but will gain the ability to add more members as the clan gains levels.
There are 4 different clan ranks a player can have:
- Initiate: Players are automatically granted this rank when they first join a clan.
- Member: This rank is granted by Officers or the Leader. Members can make use of the Clan Store and Clan Avatar.
- Officer: This rank is only granted by the Leader. Officers can invite and kick Initiates and Members from the clan, and add or update the clan's status. If there is no longer a clan leader, the officer that has been in the clan the longest will become the new Leader.
- Leader: This rank is initially granted to the clan's creator. Apart from managing Initiates and Members, Leaders can assign new Officers or demote existing ones, choose a Clan Avatar, and change the join type and main region of the clan. Leaders can also choose to rename the clan and pick a new Clan Tag, however this costs 50 Gems to do.
Leaving a clan[edit | edit source]
Players can only be a part of one clan at a time, and must leave their current clan before applying to another. After leaving a clan, players retain all Honor Points earned while in that clan, but will not start gaining Honor again until they join a new one.
If the clan Leader leaves the clan without manually assigning a new Leader, the next highest ranked clan member who has been in the clan the longest is made the new clan Leader. A clan Leader who has not been online in 21 days will automatically be demoted, and a new Leader will be assigned as per the above rules.
Clan Honor[edit | edit source]
All honor earned is awarded both to the player, and to their clan. Players can only gain honor while in a clan. If a player leaves a clan, both the player and the clan retains the honor they gained. There are 4 ways to earn honor:
- Winning: Every time a player wins a Normal (PvP) match of any game mode, they earn 10 Honor Points. Every time a player wins a League match of any game mode, they earn 20 Honor Points.
- Party Bonus: Playing partied with another clan member increases the number of points earned:
- Party of 2: 1.5x
- Party of 3: 2x
- Party of 4: 2.5x
- Party of 5: 3x
- 1-Time Level Bonus: A player earns 10 Honor Points every time they gain a player level (max 300).
- 1-Time God Mastery Bonus: A player earns a 1-Time Honor Point reward each time they gain a mastery level on a god.
Clan Quests[edit | edit source]
Every Wednesday, clans receive a quest their members can accomplish to earn bonus Honor for themselves and the clan. Clan quests can range from winning certain numbers of matches with other members to playing Ranked matches, and more.
Clan Level[edit | edit source]
As a clan earns Honor from its members, it will gain levels. As a clan gains levels, it unlocks certain bonuses.
- Clan Level 1: All clans start at this level. Level 1 clans can hold up to 30 members.
- Clan Level 2: 1000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 2 clans can hold up to 40 members.
- Clan Level 3: 10000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 3 clans can hold up to 50 members. The Clan Store is also unlocked at this level.
- Clan Level 4: 25000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 4 clans can hold up to 75 members.
- Clan Level 5: 50000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 5 clans can hold up to 100 members.
- Clan Level 6: 100000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 6 clans can hold up to 200 members.
- Clan Level 7: 200000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 7 clans can hold up to 400 members.
- Clan Level 8: 400000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 8 clans can hold up to 600 members.
- Clan Level 9: 700000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 9 clans can hold up to 800 members.
- Clan Level 10: 1100000 Clan Honor is needed to reach this level. Level 10 clans can hold up to 1000 members.
Clan Store[edit | edit source]
The Clan Store is unlocked by reaching Clan Level 3. Here, clan members can spend their personal Honor to unlock rewards and bonuses for themselves. Much like Favor, when a player uses Honor to unlock a chest, that Honor is deducted from their total.
Clan Treasure Chests[edit | edit source]
Clan Treasure Chests are unlocked with Honor. Each Chest contains an Exclusive Shadow Skin along with an assortment of other cosmetic items available to be rolled. A Player must roll three chests of a lower level in order to unlock the next higher level chest. If a player owns all the skins from a chest but hasn't rolled it 3 times yet, they will still be able to roll it for a 1 day booster.