The manticore was the opponent in the practice gamemode. He was replaced by a Ra AI in the January 24th 2013 patch.
On January 16th 2014's patch, the Manticore was temporarily reintroduced as an escort AI for a new Arena map, which will deduct 15 points from the enemy team if successfully escorted to the enemy portal. It was replaced once again on January 29th 2014 with a mobile siege tower.
The manticore is a Persian legendary creature similar to the Egyptian sphinx. It has the body of a red lion, a human head with three rows of sharp teeth, and a trumpet-like voice. Other aspects of the creature vary from story to story. It may be horned, winged, or both. The tail is that of either a dragon or a scorpion, and it may shoot poisonous spines.
- It retreats when only 1 normal minion remains in its current wave.
- Does not initiate on a player.
- Mostly uses abilities to damage the player's minions.
- Arachne's Cocoon does not work on it as it isn't classified as a god. [fixed]
- For the same reason it won't appear on the scoreboard either.
- Might get stuck, and remain stationary for several seconds.
- may return to base while moving,attacking or CC'd