|Click Here to See Guides on Guan Yu|
|Title||The Saint Of War|
|Attacks Per Second||0.87 (+0.01)|
|Magic Power||0 (+0)|
|Physical Power||37 (+2)|
|Magic Protection||30 (+1)|
|Physical Protection||18 (+3)|
|Health Regen||6 (+0.7)|
|Mana Regen||5 (+0.45)|
|Release Date||Jun 29, 2012|
 Fortified Defense (Passive)
Guan Yu gains +15 physical and magical protection when he is near friendly or enemy structures.
 Tranquil Gift (Skill Key 1)
Guan Yu's tranquil leadership is infectious and, when focused, heals himself and his allies for 50/80/110/140/170 (+30% of your magical power). Healing friendly gods reduces all cooldowns by 2s.
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
Cooldown: 10 s.
 Warrior’s Will (Skill Key 2)
Guan Yu charges forward, his Green Dragon Crescent Blade extended in front of him. After passing through the area, enemies are damaged for 80/135/190/245/300 (+50% of your magical power) magical damage and slowed by 20% for 2s. Hitting enemy gods lowers all cooldowns by 2s.
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
Cooldown: 10 s.
 Taolu Assault (Skill Key 3)
Guan Yu spins his blade in a controlled but furious display, slicing enemies for 15/20/25/30/35 (+15% of your magical power) magical damage every .4s for 4s. Each hit debuffs the enemies' protections by 10 while buffing Guan Yu the same amount, up to 30, for 3s. Guan Yu is immune to knockback for the duration.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana.
Cooldown: 15 s.
 Tactician’s Advantage (Skill Key 4 - Ultimate)
Guan Yu attacks 3 times. Enemies take 75/100/125/150/175 (+20% of your magical power) magical damage and are slowed by 25% for 2s. Enemies hit a 2nd time take 150% damage and are silenced for 2s. Enemies hit a 3rd time take 200% damage and are stunned for 1.5s. Guan Yu is immune to crowd control for the duration.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana.
Cooldown: 90 s.
- "I will not let you fall." (Casting Tranquil Gift)
- "This day, my path ends." (On death)
- "A new age begins now, and there is no room for evil within it."
- "This blade is sharp, don't say I didn't warn you."
- "You will fall on my blade."
- "There is no time for humor, you should be training."
- "War is not a joke, find someone else to bother."
 Recommended Items
|Healing Potion||Sprint||Meditation||Mark of the Vanguard||Ankh of the Golem||Reinforced Boots||Hide of Leviathan||Breastplate of Valor||Mystical Mark|
As a man, Guan Yu was the embodiment of loyalty, honor, and strength. As a God, he is a guardian of justice, a hero to the downtrodden, the Saint of War.
In the ancient times of the East, a great war between Three Kingdoms raged. The warlord Liu Bei, and his friends, Zheng Fei, and the mighty Guan Yu swore an oath of brotherhood in a mystical peach garden, vowing to create a new, righteous world. Together, they fought countless battles against the warlords Cao Cao and Sun Quan, and Guan Yu grew famous for his combat prowess and unwavering honor.
During the war, Cao Cao captured Guan Yu. At the time, Liu Bei’s fate was uncertain, so he agreed to fight for Cao Cao under specific terms, chiefly that he would abandon Cao Cao if ever he learned the whereabouts of his sworn brother. Despite Cao Cao’s gifts and promises of wealth, when Liu Bei resurfaced, Guan Yu immediately went to his side. Years later, Guan Yu again faced Cao Cao on the battlefield as the warlord fled from his defeat at Red Cliffs. Guan Yu cut off Cao Cao’s retreat and obliterated his forces. Cao Cao, however, he spared and released, as a matter of honor.
After his death, Guan Yu’s spirit remained at a holy shrine, coming to the aid of nearby villagers in need, battling the cruel and selfish. From all over the East, worshippers came to the shrine and burned incense to honor him. Such popularity led to Faith, and thus Guan Yu was raised as a God, deified a few hundred years later.
Now, he embodies the virtues he lived by. His statues, wielding a massive guan dao, ward against evil. Red faced to represent loyalty, his likeness is carried by merchants as proof they can be trusted. If their cause is just, he leads armies to victory. Among the Gods of any Pantheon, there are few as deadly and none as righteous a Guan Yu.
- Guan Yu has extremely potent sticking power. A combination of durability and high mobility allows him to dive on an enemy carry and proceed to cause chaos among the enemy team.
- Compared to other tanks, Guan Yu lacks hard CC such as stuns or fears. This god has a total of three soft CCs, the slow from Warrior's Will and the first two strikes from Tactician's Advantage. His only source of hard crowd control is the third strike from Tactician's Advantage. This means he is overall less effective at peeling opponents off ally Gods.
- Warrior's Will reduces the cooldown of itself along with all other abilities when striking enemy Gods.
- Tranquil Gift's cooldown is only reduced when striking ally Gods; Guan Yu cannot use this on himself to reduce his cooldowns.
- The cooldown reductions on the above abilities DO NOT STACK. Landing them on more than one target does not reduce your cooldowns further, it continues to provide a flat 2 second reduction.
- Taolu Assault's damage is deceptively high. Attempt to focus this skill on one or two targets to maximize your damage.
- Fortified Defense's range is exactly the same as the attack ranges of the game's structures. Guan Yu's shoulder pauldrons also gain a gold overlay when this passive is in effect.
- Guan Yu was one of the 5 gods whose models had been found in the game's files after the Beta went public, and had yet to be released, the others being Bakasura, Freya, Fenrir and Yen-Lo-Wang.
If there is a skin you'd like to see a larger version of the loading screen splash art or in game model, just click on the image itself.
|Default||Unstoppable Blade||Master Guan Fu|
|Free||200 Gems or 11000 Favor||400 Gems|
|In Game Model||In Game Model||In Game Model|