Buildings are the main objectives of most game modes in Smite. The game features Three types of buildings: Towers, Phoenixes and the Titans. All structures except for the external towers are invulnerable until the ones preceding it are destroyed.
For more detailed information about this topic, please visit its main article: Buildings
 Crowd Control
Crowd control (also called CC) is a term used to refer to abilities that influence or prevent the abilities or actions of other character(s). Crowd control can be extremely powerful, controlling the possible outcomes of an encounter, as it forces opponents to use a smaller set of abilities/actions.
For more detailed information about this topic, please visit its main article: Crowd Control
 Damage, Defense, Penetration and Critical Hits
There are three types of damage: Physical, Magical, and True damage. Gods are classified as being either magical or physical, with their abilities and basic attacks scaling out of that power.
A god's magical and physical protection values will reduce the amount of damage the corresponding types of damage apply.
A target's protection values can be reduced by penetration and reduction items.
Basic attack from a physical god have a chance of being a critical hit. A critical hit will do twice the amount of damage.
For more detailed information about these topics, please visit their main article: Damage
 Combat Log
The Combat Log will display detailed damage and healing information. You can see it as a tab in the normal Chat window.
The minimap shows important information about character positions.
You can ping the minimap by pressing the Free Mouse key (default Alt) and moving the cursor over the map and left clicking. If you right click, it will indicate caution by using a different sound and a yellow color. You can also ping points using the VGS system; type the first two characters of the VGS command and left click on the ground where you want the ping to display.
Gold is the currency used inside of matches to purchase and upgrade items. Every players starts with certain amount of gold and earn extra gold periodically. The amount changes depending on what mode they are playing in.
Additional gold can be obtained in several ways:
- Dealing the killing blow ("Lasthitting") to enemy minions
- If you don't kill it you still earn some gold as long as you are near the minion when it dies.
- You don't gain any gold if the minion was hit by a friendly structure, even if you deal the killing blow.
- Killing enemy Gods (The amount is determined by several factors listed bellow)
- Kill assists
- Destroying objectives (Towers, Phoenixes, etc.)
- Killing jungle camps
 God Kill & Streaks
When you kill an enemy god you are awarded with:
- Base Amount = (150 + (Gold Earned by Victim / 100))
- Level Adjustment = ((enemy level - player level) * .1)
- This is capped at +/- .6.
- Total = (Base Amount + (Base Amount * Level Difference Adjustment)) * 1.1 ^ Opponents Kill Streak
Achieving First Blood (the first non-neutral god kill in the match) provides an additional 200 gold. Depending on how high the victim's killstreak (the amount of kills in a row they have archieved without dying) was, the kill win reward more gold and it'll end their killing spree.
Experience is used to level up your god. Leveling up provides you with a passive boost to your god's stats and an additional skill point that can be used to learn or upgrade your abilities. All gods start at level 1, and can level up to 20. As you progress, it'll take increasingly more experience to level up. Much like gold, experience can be obtained by killing enemy units and gods, destroying objectives, and killing neutral monsters.
 Favor & Gems
Favor is something you gain by playing matches in the game. It is a form of currency that can be used unlock new gods, and some cosmetic skins. It also allows you to rent gods you don't own for a limited time.
Ways of earning Favor:
- Completing the Tutorial will grant you 100 favor.
- Each time you win a practice match with a different god it grants you 50 favor. (You can only earn this bonus once per god.)
- When a player levels up, they gain 500 favor.
- Every time a player completes a match-made game, they receive Favor based on the match's length.
- First win of the day bonus grants the player an extra +100 favor. (The bonus is unique for each mode, so it can be earned more that once a day.)
- Winning the game will grant the player more favor than a loss. (You will still gain favor for a loss.)
Gems are a type of currency in the game that you can only obtain by either buying them with real money, redeeming promotion codes or from completing offers. You can use these gems to unlock new gods or to buy cosmetic skins and voicepacks.
 God Masteries & Worshipers
Worshipers are acquired by being victorious in battle. For each match you play, you earn worshipers for the god you played with. You gain God Ranks for worshipers that you acquire. For every god that you get to God Rank 1, you gain a Mastery Level. To unlock the Golden Skin for a god, you must have God Rank 1 with it. To unlock their Legendary skin, you must reach God Rank 5, and for the Diamond skin you must have God Rank 10 with it.
Amount of worshipers required for each God Rank:
- God Rank : 50 Worshipers
- God Rank : 155(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 260(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 365(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 470(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 575(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 680(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 785(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 890(105) Worshipers
- God Rank : 1000(110) Worshipers
Amount of worshipers earned on each mode:
- You gain worshippers at a rate of .25 per minute.
- Winning the match gains you 5 additional worshippers.
- All other game modes:
- You gain worshippers at a rate of .2 per minute.
- Winning the match gains you 4 additional worshippers.
- You gain worshippers at a rate of .3 per minute.
- Winning the match gains you 5 additional worshippers.
It's also worth mentioning that to join League matches you must own 16 gods that are at atleast God Rank 1.
You can earn special avatars by reaching certain Mastery Levels:
|Mastery Level 10||Mastery Level 20||Mastery Level 30||Mastery Level 40||Mastery Level 50|
|Mastery Level 60||Mastery Level 70||Mastery Level 80||Mastery Level 90||Mastery Level 100|
Leagues are the Ranked system used in Smite. This feature allows competitive players to compete against each other during month long seasons. There are several leagues for different game modes. You must meet certain requirements to participate in League matches.
For more detailed information about this topic, please visit its main article: League